Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

silver
    2004 gto

corvette or gto?

im debating to get rid of my gto for a c5 corvette just becuz i like speed and the 1/4 times i look at too. and the corvette is like 400-600 pounds lighter but yet the gto is so nice in my opinion. but idk know what to choose from a gto or a corvette? does ne one think i should just keep the gto and make it faster or what plz let me know just wanna here what other ppl have to say about it.

thanks

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by slpgto2004 View Post
    im debating to get rid of my gto for a c5 corvette just becuz i like speed and the 1/4 times i look at too. and the corvette is like 400-600 pounds lighter but yet the gto is so nice in my opinion. but idk know what to choose from a gto or a corvette? does ne one think i should just keep the gto and make it faster or what plz let me know just wanna here what other ppl have to say about it.

thanks
    At first I thought your age was a typo-o. But after "trying" to read your cheesy Internet slang, I realized that you must in fact be 17.

So...I will continue with my thoughts:

You are 17 years old right? So why in the Hell do you have a GTO? You may defy the odds, but more times than not, a Corvettes/ GTOs, and a 17 year old is not a good mix.

Example -- Nick Hogan (Hulk Hogan's son) wrecked his Highly modified Supra not too long ago. Why. Because he is young and dumb. There is no substitute for experience. I am not saying you are a bad driver, You may in fact be a great driver. I am just saying in general a 17 year old will usually get in trouble with machines like that.

So be safe and have fun. I would have loved to have either car when i was 17. But looking back, I am glad I didn't have a cars like these.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Date of Birth:
    October 28, 1989
    Color of Car:
    silver
    Year & Model Car:
    2004 gto
    Biography:
    I love cars gtos and corvettes
    Interests:
    street racing

medical

I think I was right with my educated assumption about your age/ car combo.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

thanks
    I own a vette and have driven a few GTO's. Both are really nice cars. The GTO is more practical however I like the feel of my vette much much better. My advice would be to drive a few C5's. The cars are totally different animals.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

silver
    2004 gto

well hey if i wanted to know what my age was id ask u then huh? i didnt want to no that and yes young ppl do stupid shit but i have raced since i was 8 and still race now when im 17 and i think i can pretty much drive no being cocky or ne thing like that im just saying i do have experience and for all u ppl that may think oh hey his parents bought that car for him HAHAHa i wish i do have a good job for a 17 y/o im a cna i make $14 and hour and i do pay my payments and do pay my phone bill and shit the only thing that my parents have on that car is there name and i swear to that and i no this really has nothing to do with this shit but age should really matter ok

and im not trying to be a dick to u jrc1122 im just saying and was asking for ppls opinions about corvettes and gtos
    2004 GTO silver/red int.
    SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust
    Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Headers
    3" Mid pipes (no Cats)
    K&N CAI
    SLP Heavy Duty Sway Bar SLP Sway Bar Bushings
    GMM Ripshift
    125 shot of nitrous HSW
    nittos D/Rs 555R
    Hp Tune 13.03 @ 109 mph (without nitrous, GMM Ripshift, and Nittos)

Red
    2001 ws6

id go with a vett

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

well hey if i wanted to know what my age was id ask u then huh? i didnt want to no that and yes young ppl do stupid shit but i have raced since i was 8 and still race now when im 17 and i think i can pretty much drive no being cocky or ne thing like that im just saying i do have experience and for all u ppl that may think oh hey his parents bought that car for him HAHAHa i wish i do have a good job for a 17 y/o im a cna i make $14 and hour and i do pay my payments and do pay my phone bill and shit the only thing that my parents have on that car is there name and i swear to that and i no this really has nothing to do with this shit but age should really matter ok

and im not trying to be a dick to u jrc1122 im just saying and was asking for

ppls opinions about corvettes and gtos

I honestly could barely read this response.

And My opinion of GTO vs Corvette is largley based off of age/ size of family. etc.

For example. If you were married with 2 kids and only had one other car, I would say you should keep the GTO. If you are single and plan to be single for awhile, and don't need much cargo room, I would say get the vette.

However knowing you are a 17 year old guy, who can't even type out a simple message without using ridiculous ghetto interent slang, makes me think you should be driving a civic ex, or maybe if you really wanted to get sporty the Si model.

Congrats on making $14.00 bucks an hour at 17 years old. My suggestion is to use that money and invest in some sort of college courses that will teach you to communicate on a somewhat understandable level.

I am not an English major, (far from it actually) and I am sure you could find a typo and a run-on sentence or two, but your post is quite ridiculous. With that said, I firmly believe neither car belongs in your drive way, or parents drive way or whatever.

But if you would like to know which one I like better, without knowing your background. I would rather have the C5. (Assuming it is in great condition)

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

corvette all the way

Blue
    04 Silverado

damn leave the kid alone,go with the vette dude

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by craig02ta View Post
    damn leave the kid alone,go with the vette dude

You said it not me.

silver
    2004 gto

Well why should I waste my time typing shit out for you? I just do that because I was on a phone for your information. So next time you want a foot in your mouth come back and I'll do it again. Hey is this better for you. Trying to be a smart ass I know how to type I know how to spell and shit you don't need to be a dick. Damn I like how I asked shit about cars and you wanna be my teacher now.

and I was never trying to be a dick but u went to far on the last comment.

and you can take that honda civic and shuv that shit right up you ass

thanks to the other guys that gave me a answer and weren't dicks

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Well why should I waste my time typing shit out for you? I just do that because I was on a phone for your information. So (the) next time you want a foot in your mouth come back and I'll do it again. Hey is this better for you.(?) Trying to be a smart ass I know how to type I know how to spell and shit you don't need to be a dick. (no clue how to fix that gaggle of random words) Damn I like how I asked shit about cars and you wanna (I'll leave that one alone, because I use it too )be my teacher now.

and I was never trying to be a dick but u (you)went to (too) far on the last comment.

and (And, if you must start a sentence with And that is)you can take that honda civic(Honda Civic) and shuv(shove) that shit right up you ass(!)

thanks (Thanks)to the other guys that gave me a (an) answer and weren't dicks(.)
    This was just a quick glance over your response. I am sure there are more "mistakes".

I already tried explaining to you, how age, along with other variables, play a large roll which car I would pick.

Sorry if I offended you, but honestly, your ridiculous ghetto fabulous typing style offends me. I think America's youth, is going down hill, and they are doing it faster than ever.

In a world or text messages, ebonics, and ghetto slang, our "kids" are putting America behind the power curve in the world's eyes.

Again, I know I am not perfect with punctuation and spelling, and I am sure you can easily correct my post. My point is; When you portray yourself as a moron, you will often be classified as one.

So when I see a 17 year old, self portraying himself as a moron, I personally don't want to see you behind the wheel of either car. This is for the safety of you, and all others on the road.

So are we okay, or are we now "Internet Enemies"? LOL..

PS-- assuming you are Single, and if you have to drive one of these cars, I would say Vette.

silver
    2004 gto

it was on a phone its been to be quick and short. But no if you hate me I couldngive 2 shits about it your the one saying shit about my age and typing. And I'm not ghetto thats for sure. I just wanted to make a quick post that was it.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

it was on a phone its been to be quick and short. But no if you hate me I couldngive 2 shits about it your the one saying shit about my age and typing. And I'm not ghetto thats for sure. I just wanted to make a quick post that was it.
    I have nothing against your age. Every single person above that age, had to be 17 at one time. Heck being 17 years old was some of the most fun times of my life.

I just don't think 17 years old mixes well with high performance, rear wheel drive, torque monsters like these cars.

But if you have the discipline to not let your raging pubescent adrenaline get you into trouble on the road then that is great.

I suppose you were on the phone again when you typed the message above right? lol

silver
    2004 gto

Yeah that last post was on my phone. But hey I no what you mean by a 17 y/o having a car like the gto, and you would think i would get in trouble with it, but i never have got a ticket yet so i guess I am doing pretty good. But sometimes when the ricers have to be taught I do race them. But all in all I think I am a good driver and I also know my limit. But yet I'm also more mature then what a average 17 y/o is.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Vette all the way.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Id say get the corvette. Just dont turn out to be one of those guys who live with their parents when there 25 so they can drive a nice car. You can still invest your money wisely and drive a nice car. I also make 14 an hour but have a brand new house and am looking for another WS6.

silver
    2004 gto

Yeah I know what you mean. I have a savings account for my car. And one for other savings in the feature. And thanks I think I will be saving for a vette I have always liked them.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

My Best Friend has a 06 GTO its awsome but honestly a vette is a vette. Your biggest problem is going to be not what car to keep or which to buy but how fast you want to be going when you get caught. Eventually everyone who street races sooner or later gets caught, even myself. Insurance is going to be a killer either way. A Corvette will deprecate faster with everyday miles on it faster than a GTO will. I would take a GTO for an everyday driver/street racer, or a corvette if I wanted just show off and race constantly. Chosing any car depends on what you want to drive and what you want to do with it. IMO Most people who reply to this will simply choose a Vette becasue it is a VETTE. The best thing that anyone on here could tell you to do is to drive one and see what you think, then take a week or a month and really think about it before you decide on anything. I thought about trading in my TA on a C5 but then realized the potential to get myself in trouble...

spriral gray
    2004 corvette

I would go with the vette. I love mine and I've driven both.

Thread Information