Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs Nissan GT-R

This is a discussion on Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs Nissan GT-R within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by beefcake i know the guy pretty well and have never known him to b/s, we've raced cars ...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    i know the guy pretty well and have never known him to b/s, we've raced cars many times,

he's got beemers, gallardos, a 750 hp evo,

we've always raced straight up
    im not saying he lied, im just saying i think that "chip" woke his car up a little bit more than 30hp...

the fastest i have heard of one trapping is only like 123 i think.. but i could be wrong..

30hp does not equal 2-3 mph..

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I drove my Z06 over to my local Nissan dealership to take a look at a new GT-R.
    They didn't have one in stock but I had a chance to talk to the salesrep. Those guys are so fired up about those cars it's beyond stupid!
    I'm happy for Nissan that they have a competative car in the Supercar arena, but this guy was so gung ho that the Nissan could smoke any and all comers.
    I asked him if he ever heard of a little site called Youtube.com?
    There are so many instances of bone stock Z06's completely embarrassing GT-R's from a rolling start, from 60kph from 120kph and so on...
    He shrugged his shoulders, in addition, I said that in my opinion, a true Sports car should be light weight and agile, for instance I said.
    "My Z06 only weighs 315lbs. more than Honda's S2000 but with 505HP! While your Portly Nissan weighs 715lbs. MORE than my Z06 but with only 480HP!" Then I asked him if he was familiar with power to weight ratios.
    At this point he was fairly agitated.
    So I left him with the suggestion to look into the blogs regarding the three GT-R's in Florida with blown transmissions that Nissan refuses to cover under warranty.
    Talk about first year teething pains...OUCH!
    I'll pass on the rice soup, please bring me the American beef!
    i just gotta say nicely done RICERS

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank you Sir

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

GTR a joke? Are you serious?

I wouldn't go so far as to call the GTR a joke. Everyone is right to say it would lose, but it is still a quick car. Besides that the GTR is a 4 seater so I really think people have to take this into account. It's a poor comparison of vehicles.

However, I guess we can blame Nissan for these two cars ever being compared. It is unfair for the GTR to be compared to a 2 seater, but they brought it upon themselves when they created so much hype over the GTR. When they boasted it could take anything out there they bit off more than they could chew, and picked a fight they couldn't win, with cars of a completely different class. Nissan screwed it up for the GTR.

Still the GTR is not a joke people, 3.3 second 0-60 times are not a joke.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by jonj601 View Post
    ZR1 did dominate. sounds edmunds didnt do good driving, motortrend got a 0-60 in 3.3 seconds a whole half second thats a lot. I love the end of the video! EAT MY SMOKE GT-R
    Edmunds never drives well. They ran a 14 in an 06 Goat

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Edmunds never drives well. They ran a 14 in an 06 Goat
    i think their driving times are in accordance with their bias.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

I'll give it to Nissan, the GT-R is a great upgrade for all V6's, the new technology is going to be great for future cars. But when they said it was going to be the " Corvette Killer " I just laughed. Then the ZR1 came out, ran the Nuringburg killed GT-R's time, and still can run a drag race against it and DOMINIATE. Thats through turns, and in a straight line. I still love how people will compaire the two, and how I can still read on youtube posts about how the GT-R can rape the ZR1 through turns, and they can't get the facts straight. They should learn to watch the videos, both Nuringburg and the drag run, learn something and stop their bitching because we Americans, who "never know how to build cars" just did build another car that would rape alot of Japanese and European cars, of which the ZR1 doesn't have some pussy computer doing everything for you either. Lastly, the ZR1 has come out with a great new engine technology, the supercharger for one is lowered enough to stand ground with the Corvettes sleek body style, yet still very usable for the ZR1's runs.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to call the GTR a joke. Everyone is right to say it would lose, but it is still a quick car. Besides that the GTR is a 4 seater so I really think people have to take this into account. It's a poor comparison of vehicles.

However, I guess we can blame Nissan for these two cars ever being compared. It is unfair for the GTR to be compared to a 2 seater, but they brought it upon themselves when they created so much hype over the GTR. When they boasted it could take anything out there they bit off more than they could chew, and picked a fight they couldn't win, with cars of a completely different class. Nissan screwed it up for the GTR.

Still the GTR is not a joke people, 3.3 second 0-60 times are not a joke.
    I'd say an ugly ass car weighing in at 4,000lbs with only 480HP for $80,000 is a joke. And a bad one at that.

That 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds is not common, and it was achieved using launch control. The launch control feature has a very good chance of blowing up the transmission completely, as has been happening to many owners, at a cost not covered under warranty. Now thats a joke.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I'd say an ugly ass car weighing in at 4,000lbs with only 480HP for $80,000 is a joke. And a bad one at that.

That 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds is not common, and it was achieved using launch control. The launch control feature has a very good chance of blowing up the transmission completely, as has been happening to many owners, at a cost not covered under warranty. Now thats a joke.
    'nuf said

lets not forget awd cars have good 0-60 times cuz...theyre awd.... 0-60 is NOT an accurate depiction of a cars performance. it's a rookie/ricer claim. what happens after 60 matters more than what happens before it. . . .

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

When it's all said and done...it [the GT-R] is still a ugly assed car!
    I can just sit and admire the beauty of my Z06, the lines, the way it just looks as it sits there with it's big fenders covering those wide tires, and the way the Engineers designed it to cheat the wind at close to 200MPH.
    Then I think about that GT-R with it's Trout like mouth gasping for air like a fish out of water! Give me a break! Where's the beauty in that? The funky front fenders, there's not a line on that car that I admire, nothing that would ever keep my attention.
    My neighbors told me when I brought the Z06 home: "Man that thing looks fast just sitting there" Do you think any GT-R owners ever hear that?

red
    2000 camaro ss

gt-r owners hear it from their ricer buddies that think awd, paddle shiftin, and turbo 6 cyl are neat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information