Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

C7 Vette update

This is a discussion on C7 Vette update within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; looks good...the rear lights would have to be changed tho...the vette NEEDS to have the 4 oval taillights......if it didn't ...

  1. #41
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    looks good...the rear lights would have to be changed tho...the vette NEEDS to have the 4 oval taillights......if it didn't the wold would end.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    looks good...the rear lights would have to be changed tho...the vette NEEDS to have the 4 oval taillights......if it didn't the wold would end.
    The c4 zr1 had square.

    I always wondered how the vette would be with a midengine design. The engine being right over the rear end is an amazing thing. Anyone who has driven a car hard with the engine in the back knows what real control is. The zr1 is fast around a track no doubt about that but it also extremly prone to spin outs. I have read multiple test where testers were testing cars with close or more power than the zr1 and they only have trouble in the zr1. Engine over rear axle is a beautiful thing when big power comes into play it gives even more benefits.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-09-2009 at 12:19 PM.

  3. #43
    What I do? SHines-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,545
    2011 Prius

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The c4 zr1 had square.

    I always wondered how the vette would be with a midengine design. The engine being right over the rear end is an amazing thing. Anyone who has driven a car hard with the engine in the back knows what real control is. The zr1 is fast around a track no doubt about that but it also extremly prone to spin outs. I have read multiple test where testers were testing cars with close or more power than the zr1 and they only have trouble in the zr1. Engine over rear axle is a beautiful thing when big power comes into play it gives even more benefits.
    Not in the Vette damn it....

    My Corvette has square lights, lol.

  4. #44
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    yeah all 1991+ c4s do

  5. #45
    Member AKA Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    375

    Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

    I Haven't seen this mag article, but I know from owning transformers 2 (the movie this car debuted in) and listening to behind the scenes interview with Lutz... GM has no intention on actually producing this retro vette as the C7. maybe as a limited production piece, but its only purpose was to serve as side swipe in the movie (who was originally a red Ferrari).

    If they did it would be a step in the wrong direction. the current C6 recorded the lowest drag coefficient in GM history. Its definitely the most Aero Efficient vette ever produced. this split window (which the window isn't even functional just cosmetic) doesn't look like an improvement. I don't know wind tunnel numbers, but just from looking at it, it doesn't look better IMO.

  6. #46
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    I Haven't seen this mag article, but I know from owning transformers 2 (the movie this car debuted in) and listening to behind the scenes interview with Lutz... GM has no intention on actually producing this retro vette as the C7. maybe as a limited production piece, but its only purpose was to serve as side swipe in the movie (who was originally a red Ferrari).

    If they did it would be a step in the wrong direction. the current C6 recorded the lowest drag coefficient in GM history. Its definitely the most Aero Efficient vette ever produced. this split window (which the window isn't even functional just cosmetic) doesn't look like an improvement. I don't know wind tunnel numbers, but just from looking at it, it doesn't look better IMO.
    well yeah i'm for certain the transformers vette wont be production, and for good reason

  7. #47
    What I do? SHines-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,545
    2011 Prius

    If they produce anything mid engine, and I think GM should. Just don't call it a Vette.

  8. #48
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    If they produce anything mid engine, and I think GM should. Just don't call it a Vette.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    If they produce anything mid engine, and I think GM should. Just don't call it a Vette.
    Agreed. I just said it would be interesteing to see if the vette would be a better performer.

  10. #50
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The c4 zr1 had square.

    I always wondered how the vette would be with a midengine design. The engine being right over the rear end is an amazing thing. Anyone who has driven a car hard with the engine in the back knows what real control is. The zr1 is fast around a track no doubt about that but it also extremly prone to spin outs. I have read multiple test where testers were testing cars with close or more power than the zr1 and they only have trouble in the zr1. Engine over rear axle is a beautiful thing when big power comes into play it gives even more benefits.
    damn it Zinergy ..you know what i am talking about.
    i wouldnt call the c4's rears square either..they are rounded on the edges am i correct ...its a squrcile

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    damn it Zinergy ..you know what i am talking about.
    i wouldnt call the c4's rears square either..they are rounded on the edges am i correct ...its a squrcile
    Yes ik what you mean, they are not perfect squares lol. But they arent circles like these



    I also love the people of walmart sign in the corner

  12. #52
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes ik what you mean, they are not perfect squares lol. But they arent circles like these

    Click for full size

    I also love the people of walmart sign in the corner
    lol true..that is my car!

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    lol true..that is my car!
    I thought you were black not mexican?

    blacker then wesleysnipes

  14. #54
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I thought you were black not mexican?

    blacker then wesleysnipes
    ziiiing well played sir

  15. #55
    Senior Member Ramairgod84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    peoria, az
    Posts
    1,017

    Black
    2001 WS6

    Try looking at the vette like this. the stingray. Replace those rear duct-grill ish looking things, with the normal taillights. Next, take away the body molding thats on the side windows. Draw out the rear hatch lines for the trunk. Rework the interior, and you have a pretty realistic look at what the next vette may look like. I know they said they want to incorporate more "retro" design cues, but they did that with the c6 too. The taillights on the c6 are reminescent of the old 70s taillights, or are supposed to from what old articles said. The old body lines. Oh and the front, well...im not sure

  16. #56
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Quote Originally Posted by 402 Guru View Post
    Click for full size looks sexy but there goes the rear view a camera mounted rearview mirror sounds like a must standard. its the Transformers corvette
    This will not be the C7 Vette.

  17. #57
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Exactly my point. Corvette is and to me, should always stand for front engine, rear wheel drive.
    Now, I'd like to see a AWD Vette. If executed right it could be a winner.

  18. #58
    Turgid Member Goat-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida by way of Da' Burgh
    Posts
    390

    Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it is like a straight 4 or rotary engine powered Corvette ....leaves a bad taste in most peoples mouths..those are just not "corvette"
    The original corvette was an inline 6 cylinder. A 360* view . . . I don't think this will be a production vehicle. Also FYI the 63' had a split window. I'm not a big Vette fan.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpK9YY69s9w[/ame]
    Last edited by Goat-E; 12-12-2009 at 04:09 AM.

  19. #59
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    The original corvette was an inline 6 cylinder. A 360* view . . . I don't think this will be a production vehicle. Also FYI the 63' had a split window. I'm not a big Vette fan.
    Yup a 1953 (first year) Corvette had a I6 called the "blue flame" mated to a 2spd power glide and a solid axle...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  20. #60
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    god damn it you two...yes of course it did..but that was in the early fifties ...Vettes are meant to have v8s..period

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Update about G12
    By Promise517 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
  2. 8 rib update
    By mghawk57 in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 05:30 AM
  3. Update
    By DragonsPhyre in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 10:35 AM
  4. Update....
    By HASTINGSRJ in forum Western Members
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 04:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •