Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

C7 Corvette.

This is a discussion on C7 Corvette. within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by FasstChevys Are you talkin' about the hatchback one?...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Are you talkin' about the hatchback one?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I would bet many of the C7 styling cues will come over from the corvette stingray concept that is being used in Transformers 3...

Transformers has turned into a 2 hours commercial for GM...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goMxupIoQfE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkC3MwWNDA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

back before the financial mess is when work began on C7 and indeed Saab was "in house" at that time. is it rumor and hearsay at the moment... of course. does it mean it won't happen? only time can tell. But considering the "american formula" and how successful it's been so far.... engine in the front rear wheels pushing.... why change it? i for one LOVE that layout and never really enjoy driving mid engine cars in the simulators that are out there. they just don't feel.... right.... to me.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

If they put a twin turbo v6 wont b to bad if its got the power. but as long as they have an option for the v8 ill b fine

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

lutz said they were planing on heavily looking into a mid engine deisgn for vette before the financial issues. however this is always the case..vettes have always flirted with mid engine design since the 80s...if it does happen..expect it for the c8..another 8-10 years..but mark my words..vettes will take a huge hit in sales and loyalty if they go to a v6 mid engine car.

c7 vette base model will be using a 5.5 pushrod direct injection v8. long live v8s and naturally aspired engines

Black
    2001 WS6

Really if u look at it, what's the point of a mid engine? The vetted already have a near 50/50 weight distribution

victory red
    2007 zo6

corvette sales in the past/[c/6 ]were runing 35,000>40,000, a year... last year total sales, were about 12,000 !! zo6 like i have ,sold only about 500 !..ZR-1's are losing valve, fast ! plant is working only 40% of the time ,i not sure losing/making, monies ? i think gm is just moving parts ,from zo6/zr-1/gs's, etc. i say just lucky to have corvette plant ,with these numbers, and bad times.. i also hear sometimes, gm might move corvettes ,to another plant ? and build it near/ or on of their succesfull lines/, plant ?

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    corvette sales in the past/[c/6 ]were runing 35,000>40,000, a year... last year total sales, were about 12,000 !! zo6 like i have ,sold only about 500 !..ZR-1's are losing valve, fast ! plant is working only 40% of the time ,i not sure losing/making, monies ? i think gm is just moving parts ,from zo6/zr-1/gs's, etc. i say just lucky to have corvette plant ,with these numbers, and bad times.. i also hear sometimes, gm might move corvettes ,to another plant ? and build it near/ or on of their succesfull lines/, plant ?
    Damn i had a hard time reading this mess.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    no..vettes have always (for a long time) been assembled in Bowling Green.

yellow
    2005 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Really if u look at it, what's the point of a mid engine? The vetted already have a near 50/50 weight distribution
    50/50 weight distribution doesnt mean everything. It's just a number. a c4 has close to that and its tranny is in the front. It is a 'better' balanced car than the c5/6. The c5r/c6r race teams have many solutions to help fight the 'pendulum' effect of having all the weight at opposite ends far apart from one another.

A twin turbo v-6 however great and no matte rhow much I know the power may be awesome, just admits to the world that 'japan: you were right'. The new GTR is a phenomenal car and has serious potential. Noone will complain, me included however when the c7 twn turbo v-6s are pushing over 1000 hp on stock internals.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by emm3 View Post
    50/50 weight distribution doesnt mean everything. It's just a number. a c4 has close to that and its tranny is in the front. It is a 'better' balanced car than the c5/6. The c5r/c6r race teams have many solutions to help fight the 'pendulum' effect of having all the weight at opposite ends far apart from one another.
    ? huh ?

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    doesnt look like a v6

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Cross Fire Injection C4 > That ugly thing

Black
    2001 WS6

oh shit son,
    http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/corvette-...60th-2996.html
    it looks awful. it looks like a corvette and a lotus had a kid. this could be the end of the corvette as we know it...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

rest easy friends. with all the rumor going round GM themselves have come forward to say. no there will be no wet clutch DCT, though they said nothing about a dry DCT

No there will be no twin turbo V6. They will be using the new 5.5 V8.

No it will not be a mid engine car.... looking at the concept linked a few times here.... that looks like a lot more than a concept if you catch my drift.

&thread sorry for the scare.

98' trans am

yeah..same shit they have done for at least 4 gens...they test the water with the mid engine and tt v6...i am glad there are loyalists in the executive spots keeping the vette how it should be.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    no..vettes have always (for a long time) been assembled in Bowling Green.
    since 1981 they have been in bowling green...and there were rumors that they would be moved to lansing, mi. But alas, it was in fact rumors.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/98539074.html

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

verdict still out for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information