View Poll Results: C6 Z06 or C6 with a targa top for a DD?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Z06

21 77.78%
  • Targa

6 22.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

c6 z06 or c6 coupe for a DD?

This is a discussion on c6 z06 or c6 coupe for a DD? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by imprtkillr2810 never said i wanted a vert... Don't know why I read you wanted a vert............

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by imprtkillr2810 View Post
    never said i wanted a vert...
    Don't know why I read you wanted a vert.........

Black
    2000 trans am

nah its cool..i agree with you though..ive never liked verts much

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

nah its cool..i agree with you though..ive never liked verts much
    Would be a good time now to get one, around here they have DAMN good rebates on vettes.

Black
    2000 trans am

they have a new vette here on the lot...but its $59k

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

they have a new vette here on the lot...but its $59k
    Last time I checked, I think the dealer here had 4-5 vettes. For a while I know he had 2 z06's. I got mine for a hell of a deal. But dealers are trying to unload sports car with the economy around here at least. I know our GM plant is closing in town here in December, so if your willing to travel a bit I can look into seeing what they are going for at our local dealer.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Yep, but you'd have to read the whole article for yourself. They did talk about the feasibility of having the Z06 as a DD.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Just wondering, what do you do for a living to afford a C6 Z06 as a 21 year old. Cause your ass needs to share!

Black
    2000 trans am

Haha im half owner in a ceramic tile business...and its not like im paying cash for one, ill have to take out probably half. been saving since i was 17 for a car and just decided i wanted a z06. ill most likely put it in my dads name so the insurance doesnt kill me... so over all it shouldnt be too bad on the wallet

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Haha im half owner in a ceramic tile business...and its not like im paying cash for one, ill have to take out probably half. been saving since i was 17 for a car and just decided i wanted a z06. ill most likely put it in my dads name so the insurance doesnt kill me... so over all it shouldnt be too bad on the wallet
    Not trying to bash ya on that, but not a very good idea IMO. At least here if you put the insurance in someone elses name, say if you crash and kill someone they can come after your dad. I know you don't plan on doing that, but I know I never would.

Black
    2000 trans am

no ill still be listed on the insurance, its still cheaper than getting it on my own. unless my agent gets me some better rates which she is trying to do through a different company

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

no ill still be listed on the insurance, its still cheaper than getting it on my own. unless my agent gets me some better rates which she is trying to do through a different company
    yes, but still other people can still come after your parents if you did kill someone. Unless your name is only on it they can still go after the other people on it. Might want to try Erie insurance. http://www.erieinsurance.com/ Just did a bs quote for ya and it was $1853 a year on an 07z06. dont think that's too bad.

Black
    2000 trans am

well im with progressive right now and thats who my agent is going to try to get me with after December.. so yeah if she can get me some where around $1853 a year im all for it. then id just get it on my own. and thanks for the info about the whole being able to come back on my dad. i looked into it and it doesnt sound like something i wanna do now. i guess ill just have to shop around with insurance

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thats awesome man good luck! Make sure you get the exact one you want. That will be epic. I'm gonna hound your ass to make sure you stick to getting it!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I personally am hoping you do chose the Z06. A quick lil story. Last Sunday I took mine out on my route (work) because it's the only day I don't have to drive the Company truck due to no deliveries, anyway, they changed up my route recently and added a Safeway way out in the boonies. The good thing about it is that in order to get there, it's a great drive thru some of Washington's finest switch-backs and long sweeping turns.
    The past few Sunday's I took the Miata because it was raining (It's Seattle okay) well this time it was a decent enough day to take the Z06.
    After exploring the tight switch back part of the drive, I exited a long lazy right hander, I had her in second gear so I left her there knowing that I was coming up on some more turns soon anyway.
    As I hit midway through that sweeper at about 3 grand I decided to really put my foot in it, and at about 4 grand she let go with a nice power slide as she hit the "meat" of the power band..as I hit about 6000 RPM I clicked her into 3rd and noticed I was at about 75MPH.
    Later as I giggled to myself with that "I love this car" kind of grin on my face, I thought, I've never had a car that could break loose and continue to spin the tires at such an elevated speed before! All the while in second gear! I'm sure that the reg. model is capable of similar heroic feats, or is it? I don't know, but I can tell you that the Z06 is, and you won't be disappointed if you buy one.

"This is Jim, and I approve this message"

Black
    2000 trans am

ive driven the base 08 c6..and even with the traction control turned off i had a hard time getting the tires to even bark. but maybe thats just because it was an auto?

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Thats awesome man good luck! Make sure you get the exact one you want. That will be epic. I'm gonna hound your ass to make sure you stick to getting it!!
    hey what part of florida are you in?? i go down once a year with the g/f and her parents to daytona for the big car show during Thanksgiving. Maybe after i get the car ill take a road trip and we can get some kind of LS1 member get together with a few guys/ gals?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

well im with progressive right now and thats who my agent is going to try to get me with after December.. so yeah if she can get me some where around $1853 a year im all for it. then id just get it on my own. and thanks for the info about the whole being able to come back on my dad. i looked into it and it doesnt sound like something i wanna do now. i guess ill just have to shop around with insurance
    No problem, just making sure you don't end up getting screwed incase something did happen. $1853 was just a base quote. I'm sure it will well below that if you own multi vehicles, house, no tickets, and theres like 30 different savings they offer. They are a badass insurance company if you ask me if there is such a thing.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

usually the only driving i do is on weekends. My girl is goin to school at WVU and i dont go over during the week. She comes back on weekends, and i drive to her house (15 mins away). Other than an occasional trip to PA...
    I went to WVU back in 99. Goooood times! lol

Black
    2000 trans am

yeah i love Morgantown. Im about 45mins or so away so we go there when we wanna have fun

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Just saw that Chevy's launched a "Red Tag Sale" You can punch in a 2008 2LZ Z06 and the price will pop up for $68,000.00
    That's the exact price I paid for mine. That will come to a little over $75k out the door here in Washington, maybe a lil more or a lil less where you are.
    Just something for you to think about, I know you said that you were going to wait until summer, but I was originally going to buy a 2009 Z06 too, until I found out I could save that much $$$!
    At the time, I thought it was a once in a lifetime chance, seeing as Chevy had never before offered the Vette at Employee pricing.
    Now's your chance, if you can swing a down payment now...just thought I'd mention it.

Black
    2000 trans am

Thanks for the info Hyde. Im looking to buy used though. Ive found a few 06 Z's for around 30k around here so thats what im looking into.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information