Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

C5 with Longtubes and High-Flow Cats?

Hey all,

I found a C5 that currently has LTs installed, but I live in an emmissions- controlled county. If I buy it, I need to have catalytic converters installed to pass the visual requirements.

I know it seems counter-productive, but I don't want to incur the cost of removing the LTs and installing stock manifolds. Negating the performance gains isn't a concern either.

Does anyone know of a company that makes a catted "shorty" midpipe for C-5s? Does it depend on what brand of LTs are installed?

How about installing some generic bullet-style cats? Is there enough room between the 02 bungs as well as the floor pan?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

On my '01 SS Camaro I installed LT headers and behind them I installed a set of hi-flo cats from SLP, they are advertised to NOT hinder performance.
    Sometime later I, due to the very limited lack of ground clearance issues on that lowered car, (less than 1.5" at the cat) hit one on them fairly hard.
    I contacted SLP about replacement and they were pretty good about it, even though it was my fault. They were going to replace it at their cost, about 1/2 that of retail.
    I opted to just pull the cats instead, an option you don't have, but in Washington, we do. We simply have to pass the OBD test, I was just trying my best to be a lil green at the time.
    The car picked up NO horsepower after the the cats were gone, but did sound a bit raspier.
    I bought them through LMPerformance, one of our Sponsors here. I don't know for sure if they'll fit on your C5, but it's worth a look. At least you know that:
    They're a quailty product that won't hinder performance.
    SLP stands behind them.
    They'll pass the tough emission test.
    Good luck

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Thanks for the info!

Here, the 98+s only need to pass OBDII (no sniffer), but a recent law made a visual inspection mandatory.

Thread Information