C5 Competitive Driving

This is a discussion on C5 Competitive Driving within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Does anyone have a link or description of exactly what the car is doing in this mode?...

Black
    2000 Corvette

C5 Competitive Driving

Does anyone have a link or description of exactly what the car is doing in this mode?

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

its great; in comp mode you can burnout but it helps you maintain control of your car laterally; it automatically applies the rear brake individually when you break your tires loose so they spin the same speed and you dont lose control if you want to rip a turn. just be careful the first few times you try this!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that sounds rad! is that the little dial in the middle of some vettes? I forget the option code, but I wouldn't buy a vette w/out it. It's a suspension thing too right? Doesn't it also have a "touring" mode?

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

What you are referring to is the electronic adjustable suspension; 3 modes: competitive, touring, and sport (or something) while I dont have that on my C5; Im talking about the traction control; it has active handling and traction control. The traction control electronically stops feeding the motor gas if it senses the tires are breaking loose until they catch again (no burnouts at all); the active handling helps keep the tires spinning the same speed (selective auto braking). When you put it in competitive mode, it disables the traction control but not the active handling. So you can burnout forwards and backwards (and sideways around turns) but it uses some individual braking to make the tires spin the same speed. (much easier to control and not let the rear end slip away from you). I have bilstein shocks so my suspension is stiff all the time, but I have non-runflats (with a tire patch kit and portable air pump to be on the safe side) so the ride is actually still pretty comfortable considering how well it handles. Also:
    2001 and up years: you can enable comp mode by pressing the traction control button and holding it for 5 secs either stopped or while driving;
    1997?-2000: same as above but the car has to be at a complete stop. (Does anyone know how to convert this to act like the 2001 style??)

-Anthony

Black
    2000 Corvette

think i'll have to try some of this competitive driving out

maybe when the swarms of storms are done rolling through chicago burbs..

Thread Information