Thread: Bestmods01Z06

Torch Red
    2001 Z06

Bestmods01Z06

Hey all. I wanted to get some advice on best bolt on mods for a 2001 Z06. I bought the car in November but have not been able to drive it due to all the snow here in Colorado. The car has 9,976 miles on it. What do you all think would be the best bang for the buck bolt ons. Thanks.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Start with Intake and Exhaust first. K&N has a nice intake kit, and Long Tube headers with a full catback would really open the exhaust up nice. It would also sound much better. I've heard the Borla exhaust on a C5 Z06 in person and it sounded awesome. They were installing them at Corvettes at Carlisle on customer's cars, and at the next tent over was Corsa doing the same thing. The Borla system sounded better in every way, IMO.

If you do full intake and exhaust, a tune would be beneficial too. They can eliminate the flat spots, get the most out of your mods, and increase the overall efficiency of your engine in terms of fuel economy and power. Depending on how your stock shifter is (never driven a C5 Z06), you might want to invest in an aftermarket unit, which can really improve shifting feel and driveability.

If you still want more power after that, there are always more mods

Torch Red
    2001 Z06

Thanks for the info. Wesman. I think I'm going to order the intake and some long tube headers this coming week. What brand of Headers do you think would be the best performance wise and sound wise?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i keep hearing kooks are the best but also on the pricier side for headers.......... the borla xr1 stinger sounds sick on a c5..neibor had it on his before he bought a c6

When I had my 2001 Z06 I had a Vararam Intake,headers and exhaust.....oh and a cam....It was an animal.....just with the Vararam,headers and exhaust it ran 11.7 @ 120 mph
    2006 Victory Red Z06
    490.42 rwhp 465.77 rwtq

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

with gary i would suggest the vara-ram they are good, an alternative would be halltech for an intake. best LT bar none is a set of LG motorsports. they are pricey but they advertise 35-40 hp increase. also borla stingers are good but if you want something with a reall muffler if you get the LT's go with a B&B

--------- Chris - 1996 Camaro Z28SS #1524 ---------
    LT4 Cam Kit | Comp Lifters/PR's | Jet Hot LT's & ORY | Corsa RSC Exhaust | SLP Bilstiens | S-C/D Rotors | 1LE Elbow | !EGR/AIR
    madZ tune | 17x11 Chrome ZR-1's | Berger Panel | Fillins | BMR STB | Autometer A/F & Trans Temp | !Mouldings | Zaino

Thread Information