Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Best New Car Available?

Okay, seriously:

If I had unlimited money to spend on any new car, up till lately, I have been torn between the C7 and a new 911 GTS4. BUT... now that the Grand Sport is coming out... and that special edition with that metallic grey color... best. new. car. period.

Never thought I'd say that about Corvette, but damn... that new grand sport!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landscape-1456830473-2017-chevrolet-corvette-grandsport-001.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	26565
    Last edited by Naaman; 03-26-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I drove a C7 last year. In a word... wow!

GS looks awesome. If I was in the market for a car of that caliber, it would be an easy choice to make.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post

GS looks awesome. If I was in the market for a car of that caliber, it would be an easy choice to make.
    So, if the Grand Sports are out in 2017, does that mean the C8's are out in 2018? They used to be a last year of model run.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Have not read anything in the auto mags yet about a C8 in the works.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Have not read anything in the auto mags yet about a C8 in the works.
    There was talk several months ago, even in MT and C&D about a C8 that is mid-engine, project name "Zora", that they would launch as a top-of-the-line model, parallel to the last year of the C7's (with the C7's being a "base"model), before a full launch.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I just wish they did something for it in the power department, something to give it about a 20-25 hp/lb tq boost. They havent done much, power wise with the LT1 since it came out, and it shouldnt be that hard to coax a little more power out of the DFI setup.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Well, GM has made some blunders in that department before. The 2004 ---> 2005 GTO comes to mind (first year of the GTO = LS1, next year, LS2... gurmble, grumble).

It would be kinda stupid, in my opinion, to bring out the C7 for 2014, and then, before the warranty is even up, release the C8. Though, the C5 and C6 both had relatively short runs, especially when compared to the 3rd and 4th gens.... It feels like the C7 just got here, and to consider that it might have only one more year left... kinda sad... and irritating at the same time.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Well, GM has made some blunders in that department before. The 2004 ---> 2005 GTO comes to mind (first year of the GTO = LS1, next year, LS2... gurmble, grumble).

It would be kinda stupid, in my opinion, to bring out the C7 for 2014, and then, before the warranty is even up, release the C8. Though, the C5 and C6 both had relatively short runs, especially when compared to the 3rd and 4th gens.... It feels like the C7 just got here, and to consider that it might have only one more year left... kinda sad... and irritating at the same time.
    I agree with you on the GTO but for different reasons. GM/Pontiac should have released the GTO the same time as Holden released the Monaro, instead of GM telling us to buy the SSR as a Camaro/Firebird replacement, and given us more years of the car to begin with, and aimed at a lower sticker/ higher volume proposition (I am talking 2-3k less), the Camaro Z28/SS/Formula/Trans Am crowd would have still been there (lord knows how many people just bought a Mustang GT in 03 bcause there was no other choice). The car might have made it past 06. I know if I couldve bought a new on, in '07, with a $30k car price (not tax title, etc), I would be in a different car.

Also remember the 05 C6's had LS2's in them, replaced with the LS3 shortly thereafter.

As far as the 'C7's go, a C7 phase out is in line with the industry average of 5 years for a generation of a model these days.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I will just leave this here as my vote. Hennessey Performance | 2016 Cadillac CTS-V HPE1000 Upgrade

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Keeeeeeeeith! Been busy?
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Very. Also, I sold my TA, so don't get on here very often. Need to find a truck forum.

Thread Information