Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone daily drive on c5?

This is a discussion on Anyone daily drive on c5? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Really got lots of questions on this Originally Posted by AGH1 Yes. Just sold my 99' SS and bought an ...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Really got lots of questions on this

Quote Originally Posted by AGH1 View Post
    Yes. Just sold my 99' SS and bought an 03' Z06. Best car decision I have ever made, so far.
    Anything in particular you dont like? Only downside i see is two seats but i'm heavily debating selling the TA for a C5Z06 within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I think the interior on a C5 is extremely good if you have good upkeep on it
    I have heard that it's not anything special. How does it compare to your SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    I thing it being an auto helps a lot. DD a Z06 would be serious HARDCORE.
    How so? I think i might be going this route soon

DD auto is better in traffic and no clutch worries.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

What would be the difference to driving my ws6 every day? Its a 6 speed and i love driving it every day

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

I hate to say it but, I do drive my Vette more than my Supercharged Formula.

The magnetic ride makes driving my Vette as a DD no problem. Rides very nice.... Then, it's just a flip of the switch or a push of a button to set to rock hard.

However, I can't bring myself to let go of my Bird... it's like giving away my own child. ;-(

I guess if I ever get a ZR1 the Bird is out.... But, this Vette is such a nice all around car for use as a DD it will have to stay around for a while.

Hope this helps ....

Edit - Note: SC Firebird has heavy Hi-pro clutch to handle HP.... but, it does have more clearance than the Vette.... Still as a DD the Vette is much better and the Vette front spoiler is made to drag a bit on driveways.... I have a new one in the box but, it seems that being black it's not that noticable. I'll just go ahead and continue to scrape going in and out of driveways and replace the pieces when they get too worn out. I just hate the sound of my front end dragging on the ground. Something to consider.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-23-2010 at 12:53 AM.

86 &99 Z51's

240k on mine
    it's almost driven daily

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

Had a 99 and a 2001 , DD both , Excellent cars with some real good prices at the moment. Great gas mileage too..........
    My 99

My 01

Last edited by TWOBUELLS; 02-01-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TWOBUELLS View Post
    Had a 99 and a 2001 , DD both , Excellent cars with some real good prices at the moment. Great gas mileage too..........
    My 99

My 01

Click for full size
    Great picture

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    regret it? id love to own a vette and not be concerned with mileage at all. May looking for a high mileage c5 (80k or so)
    Here ya go.....
    1998 Corvette - $10300 (Laurel)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-01-29, 10:14PM EST
    Reply to: sale-je7ch-2187643382@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have for sale a Black 1998 Chevrolet Corvette with Tan interior. The car is a six speed manual transmission and runs Awesome due to a new motor that is only 50,000 miles old. The vehicle has about 105,000 miles and may change if the weather is nice as I still drive from time to time.

I have paperwork to back up the new motor and pics upon request. The car stays under cover and has been detailed every week of its life since I have had it, as I am a professional detailer by profession. I'm asking $10,300 for the vehicle even though FAIR market value for KBB is $12k+....I hate to say it, but I'm ready for another vehicle and I hope my Vette finds a good home.

I can be reached 24/7 on my cell at (301)523-9665, my name is TOMMY!. Please call me if you have any questions or just want to come see the car. My offer of $10,300 is firm, although Money talks! Payment is only accepted by cash or bank certified check, again call me if you want to know more and ask for TOMMY!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I know a few people that DD c5's. they have no complaints

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    dont know anybody in my area [northeast pa.] driving vette in winter from about november on till ,maybe april ?!! most of us fill up with gas, add stabalizer, pump up tires/ change oil, etc.. wax, car cover , battery tender ,mine in heated garage.. even if weather does go in 40>50 degrees,cant go out roads covered in salt /ashes /dust..
    I worked just south of Rochester, NY for about 4 years and my boss (who was from Europe) used his 01 6-speed Corvette as a DD for 3 winters. He never had any issues either. Granted he drove it mostly around town and what not but he told me that its just a car and that in europe its a common thing to see 911s and other sports cars going in the snow. Granted some of those others being AWD but......lol

He sold it with 31k miles for I think 17k two years ago. The car was great. Twice a week he would take it to the car wash to get it all sprayed off and would try to get as much salt as possible off the bottom. I still wouldnt have driven it in the winter.

I have been caught out ONCE in my Z28 and a few times in my GTO and it was not much fun. lol

Yeah, but the OP dd's a 6-speed now.

I think he would like a C5 Z06 as a DD or even the normal C5. One thing is I think he might find the gear box a little nice in the Z06. If not mistaken they make better use of the gears (closer together) than the f-body and the regular C5.

Its just a car, it wont killl you to drive it.

Also, the interiors are "ok" but you cant expect it to last if you beat on it and pretty much its plastic but most things are unless you are talking about a SUPER high end sports car. Its a 50k car. If it was a 150k car then I would complain about it but for a 50k car its fine. I am not impressed with the interior of my 5.7 Limited Jeep. Its ok but nothing great.

I would dd my cam/head Z06 everyday if I did not have to drive a truck for work. The only problem would be that I would always be looking at the clock for the work day to end so I could make the drive home Im on vacation right now in florida with my Z06 from ohio. Been driving all over down here and by the time I get back home I will have put around 3000 miles on this car. No worries all fun and 28+ mpg average.

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6475hp View Post
    I would dd my cam/head Z06 everyday if I did not have to drive a truck for work. The only problem would be that I would always be looking at the clock for the work day to end so I could make the drive home Im on vacation right now in florida with my Z06 from ohio. Been driving all over down here and by the time I get back home I will have put around 3000 miles on this car. No worries all fun and 28+ mpg average.
    I'll be doing the Florida trip with my C6 in March from Penna. Can't wait to get the hell out of here for awhile.
    Last edited by TWOBUELLS; 02-12-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    A/R HEADERS , Z06 NPP EXHAUST, M TO W VISOR CONTROL , LINGENFELTER GT1-1 CAM, TEXAS SPEED CNC PORTED HEADS , INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY , VARARAM INTAKE , DTE PHASE II 4:10 REAR WITH TRANS BRACE AND Z06 SWAYBAR , Z06 BRAKES , FULL GM WIDE BODY KIT , IFORGED TRK-14 WHEELs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information