black
    02 vette vert

annoying warning

is there a mod, or procedure to turn off the low tire pressure warning when running aftermarket wheels w/o sensors? working on a '99. thanks.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Unless it's part of the Body Module, it is accessable through your ECU, albeit, most shops charge a minimum $100.00 fee to gain access to it (ECU) but once in there, they can do all types of stuff for you to get your $$$ worth.

For instance, if you have a manual Z28, they can override the CAGS and you won't see the light come in the dash anymore either. If you're running SIMS due to headers, they can "click off" those rear O2 sensors, and you can do without the SIMS....the list goes on and on.

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Unless it's part of the Body Module, it is accessable through your ECU, albeit, most shops charge a minimum $100.00 fee to gain access to it (ECU) but once in there, they can do all types of stuff for you to get your $$$ worth.

For instance, if you have a manual Z28, they can override the CAGS and you won't see the light come in the dash anymore either. If you're running SIMS due to headers, they can "click off" those rear O2 sensors, and you can do without the SIMS....the list goes on and on.
    maybe i should clarify my question, im working on a '99 vette thats why i came to the corvette section. and im not concerned about the cags [which can simply be unplugged anyway] or anything else but the low tire pressure warning light. isnt there anything outside of the ecu to snip, unplug modify etc.?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    maybe i should clarify my question, im working on a '99 vette thats why i came to the corvette section. and im not concerned about the cags [which can simply be unplugged anyway] or anything else but the low tire pressure warning light. isnt there anything outside of the ecu to snip, unplug modify etc.?
    That was just an example he was giving. Your going to have to find someone/dealer that has the abilities to edit the computer to even see if you can remove it

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    That was just an example he was giving. Your going to have to find someone/dealer that has the abilities to edit the computer to even see if you can remove it
    well it was just a shot in the dark. i thought someone might have a "magic trick" to do this really simple, similar to unplugging the drl/ automatic headlamp plug. wasnt sure if there would be a difference between camaro/corvette on this issue thats why i wanted to clarify what i was asking about. come to think about, did any camaros have tire pressure sensors?
    Last edited by dklowrider; 04-21-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    well it was just a shot in the dark. i thought someone might have a "magic trick" to do this really simple, similar to unplugging the drl/ automatic headlamp plug. wasnt sure if there would be a difference between camaro/corvette on this issue thats why i wanted to clarify what i was asking about. come to think about, did any camaros have tire pressure sensors?
    Nope

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I thought about that 10 minutes into my drive to work!
    Seeing as I've owned BOTH a 1999 AND 2001 SS Camaro's you'd think I'd know they didn't have tire pressure sensors.
    But in my reply, I WAS referring to your Vette.
    I've had a little work done on my Z06, simple mods like the CAGS I was referring to, and extensive work done on my 2001 (Camaro) due to engine swap..etc...
    I was only trying to giva an example of what might, and might not be available for you to "fix" in there.
    Some of the things I've wanted to change in the past, like overiding the driving lights to come on without having the headlights on for example are not possible because they are part of the Body Module that I stated earlier.
    I wish there was an easy fix to tell you, but I gave it my best shot.

black
    02 vette vert

well, thanks for trying. got a cop friend who swapped wheels and doesnt like the warning light looking at him. i told him to put a little electrical tape over it. i got "the look"

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) does the tire pressure monitor stuff, not the BCM or PCM. I don't think it can be programmed out.
    Most people just have the tire pressure monitor sensors swapped over to the new wheels so thats probably what you'll have to do.

black
    02 vette vert

that sounds reasonable. thanks. [maybe the electrical tape isnt so funny after all]

Cops rairly get to own vettes, we definately aren't using tape.

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

Only 2001 to 2004 C5s can have the tire sensors turned off. A tech 2 can turn them off. I believe its because the 2001 and up Z06 doesn't have the sensors.

Thread Information