adding stock C5 Foglights

This is a discussion on adding stock C5 Foglights within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have a 2001 C5,I would like to add a set of stock foglights and the stock switch.. Does anybody ...

Pewter Metalic
    2001 Corvette Coupe

adding stock C5 Foglights

I have a 2001 C5,I would like to add a set of stock foglights and the stock switch.. Does anybody know if the wiring harness includedes the hookup nessessary for a plug in installation..Thanks any info will be appreciated....

Yellow
    ZO6 Corvette

Do a search over at corvettefourms .. you might find somthing over there

fog light install

I have the same question and what I ahve heard is that the ABS wiring harness holds the fog light connections.

Pewter Metalic
    2001 Corvette Coupe

Thanks I will look in the area of the abs system and see if there are any pigtails . I popped out the rear hatch release switch and didn't see any extra wires there ?Maybe they are tucked in ..Anybody with info will be greatly appreciated...Thanks

red, silver
    97 and 01 vettes

If you need a stock switch with the fog and hatch buttons let me know...$19 shipped to you.

Pewter Metalic
    2001 Corvette Coupe

Ok I started the process,Bought stock fogs from ebay ,very nice set, The wires are there, bought a stock switch on ebay 20.00 , so after the units are in I go to plug the wire on, and the bulbs in the lights are different than the wire end. So now the search begins. Some listings show up to 2000 my car is 2001 I cant believe they would change them ,I am a little suspicious that maybe these lights are from a late model Z28 Camaro, I am sure all will work out I just have to figure the bulb thing out so I can plug the wire on.. Any help would be appreciated. My plug is smaller (stock Connector ) than the Bulbs in the lights. Thanks

Pewter Metalic
    2001 Corvette Coupe

Adding Fogs to a non fog light C5

Ok Thanks to Mark (Togue) in the Corvette Forum I have successfully installed a set of fogs to my C 5 that didn't have them, It was easy . If you dont have the light sockets you can find them easilly then a little wire and knowing where to connect , Chack out this site ,it is a very clear descrption and It works.Http:/forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?=1687872 ,This is very clear and it works ,just need lights , Dual dash switch Trunk And Light Combo , bulb sockets,wire , wire loom material to protect and conceal and a couple connectors . any questions just post See Ya

Yellow
    ZO6 Corvette

linkie brokie I think
    Yellow 2004 ZO6 (pic)

Pewter Metalic
    2001 Corvette Coupe

Fog light install ,Z06

Just go to Corvette forum and do a search for Fog light install on a Z06, and follow the Posts,If that doesnt work I can help with a description of what I did to complete my installation,no visible wires, indash switch works ,they turn off when highs are put on. Good luck

Thread Information