Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    1998 z28

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport review by Motor Trend.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

"Do we still need that thing [The Z06]?"
    I do believe so...

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

damn thats a sweet car

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

holy cow, rehearse your lines buddy! didn't watch the whole thing b/c of the studdering speaker. But the car looks sweet as hell and love the widebody and the rims fo sho!

Junior Member Lethal Tendencies's Avatar

millenium yellow
    2000 corvette

The gills on the side look killer

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    holy cow, rehearse your lines buddy! didn't watch the whole thing b/c of the studdering speaker. But the car looks sweet as hell and love the widebody and the rims fo sho!
    Agreed. If he could've talked a little slower, he'd probably be fine.

Also, I don't like shows where the camera is constantly zooming/panning/cutting to a different angle of the same thing every 1-2 seconds. And why do they have to have the background music? I hate these kind of shows that started about 8 years ago! OK, rant off.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Oh yeah, great car BTW!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

When the original ZR-1 was introduced, it had unique rear tail lights. For those of you that may not have seen the original at it's release, Chevy put rather squarish tail lights on the ZR-1 as opposed to the round tail lights on all other Corvettes.
    Alas, ZR-1 owners had an immediate give away from the rear as to the exclusiveness of their cars.
    Can you imagine the horror felt by them (ZR-1 owners) when the following year, EVERY Corvette now had those same squarish tail lights!? So much for exclusiveness, and rarity of ZR-1 ownership, from a visual perspective. Now, the car DID have a few other give-aways, but the point I'm attempting to make is, the exclusive styling [tail light wise] for the ZR-1 was gone.
    Fast forward to 2006-2009 when all Z06 (and yes ZR1 too) owners paid dearly for the exclusive look of the wide body. When you saw the buldging fenders and that hood scoop, you knew it was a Z06/ZR1 in your rear view mirror!
    Now, that is forever gone with Chevy anticipating that more than 50% of all new Corvettes will be the Grand Sport.
    I completely understand WHY Chevy is building the car, and I would too, if I were in charge of Corvette development. You get the best of both worlds, with the choice of an Auto or Manual, the ability to remove the top, better brakes and wider tires too, and for only roughly $4k more than the base model, it's a steal!
    But.....
    If you owned a Z06/ZR1, would you be upset that your car, that at the time you paid over $20 grand more for, was going to forever blend into the rest of Corvette styling?
    I'm kind of leaning more toward Z06 owners due to the fact that ZR1 cars are so rare, and they of course have many other pieces that set them apart even from the Z06.
    So Gentlemen, I ask you, would you be as pissed off as I am right now?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

No I wouldn't be, you're just a baby

You have a 08 corvette z06, quite possibly the best bang for buck car made by an american auto maker. ls7 with 505hp is still quite possibly the best lsx engine. So stop caring about who has what fenders and hood/bumper and worry more about whose is a more badass model with cooler features and bigger power.

The original zr1, 1970 zr1 looks like it had round tail lights to me, or were you refering to the 1989 zr1 which most people think is the original?

Last edited by Zinergy; 10-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I was wondering who might call me on that one about the ZR-1. Good call my friend.
    Maybe I should take your advice, quit complaining, or call myself "Poor Sport" in honor of the "Grand Sport".
    But I assume you understand the point I was making.
    Or Chevy could call the new car "Grand Illusion" instead.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I was wondering who might call me on that one about the ZR-1. Good call my friend.
    Maybe I should take your advice, quit complaining, or call myself "Poor Sport" in honor of the "Grand Sport".
    I understand, the new GS looks like a z06 and has mechanics closer to a z06 over the base vette. Just pop the hood and they will know the difference.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Screw that. The grand sport just ruined the benefits of owning a zo6 compared to the base model. Now you are going to have a bunch of people buying the grand sport and think they are just as badass as zo6s. My buddy thought about trading in his 07 z51 for a GS, i laughed pretty hard. I would just buy a z06.
    12.89 108 2.0
    331whp 338rwtq

LLk

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The engine the 89 zr1 had is what made the car IMHO can ya say 32v DOHC? lol
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The engine the 89 zr1 had is what made the car IMHO can ya say 32v DOHC? lol
    who doesnt love the lt5.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Klug23 View Post
    Screw that. The grand sport just ruined the benefits of owning a zo6 compared to the base model. Now you are going to have a bunch of people buying the grand sport and think they are just as badass as zo6s. My buddy thought about trading in his 07 z51 for a GS, i laughed pretty hard. I would just buy a z06.
    Nice to see that someone sees it my way too. But maybe GM will discontinue the Z06, as some editors have suggested, and then my ride will be a bit more rare in the future. I too am guilty in a way of driving a car that may appear to be something that it isn't.
    But my intention was never to create a ZR1 wannabe when I added an aftermarker exact replica of GM's own front splitter, side skirts and a real GM ZR1 rear spoiler. I simply like the way it looks.
    Now I'm really glad I did for another reason...it'll set my car apart not only from most other Z06's, but the Grand Sport as well!
    Long live the real Z06!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Nice to see that someone sees it my way too. But maybe GM will discontinue the Z06, as some editors have suggested, and then my ride will be a bit more rare in the future. I too am guilty in a way of driving a car that may appear to be something that it isn't.
    But my intention was never to create a ZR1 wannabe when I added an aftermarker exact replica of GM's own front splitter, side skirts and a real GM ZR1 rear spoiler. I simply like the way it looks.
    Now I'm really glad I did for another reason...it'll set my car apart not only from most other Z06's, but the Grand Sport as well!
    Long live the real Z06!
    I am one that just does not like "in between" models. Just bugs me. There was good reason to buy a z06 over the base model. Now with the GS, only the true car enthusiast will know the differences.

haha Like the bold statement!!

Arctic White, red/gray

There is still a good reason, ls7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    There is still a good reason, ls7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly, but the general public wont know the difference.
    I cant wait for the threads,
    Beat a z06! Nope just a grand sport.

Red
    2001 WS6

I am not to happy about the GS being it looks like a z06 but what can you do about it. You hit the nail right on the head Klug i feel the same way to.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I am not to happy about the GS being it looks like a z06 but what can you do about it. You hit the nail right on the head Klug i feel the same way to.
    Clint,
    I was wondering when you were going to jump into this thread! I was hoping to have a lil backing from a fellow Z06 owner!

Thread Information