Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2 vettes racing in traffic

This is a discussion on 2 vettes racing in traffic within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; too much traffic, but it still looked fun...

Mag Red
    '98 C5

too much traffic, but it still looked fun

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Yea deff alot of traffic, but I drive fast on I-20 alot, so I really can't say that they are idiots. Mainly only time I drive 100+ is at night down I20 about 2 am, or when someone wants to race.

Black
    Formula... soon

no one is perfect. everyone has bad habits, some hurtful to others more or less. some people are violent, some people abuse others, uncontrollable eating? some people just have problems that they cant help. there is such a thing called a need for speed. i consider it in fact a NEED, may not be safe, may be dangerous and a problem. but you have to understand these people dont drive like this to intend danger to others but because they have a need that they just cant help. its a problem just like any other, and everyone has them. dont hate them for it. thats just my opinion dont hate me for it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Oldladykiller View Post
    no one is perfect. everyone has bad habits, some hurtful to others more or less. some people are violent, some people abuse others, uncontrollable eating? some people just have problems that they cant help. there is such a thing called a need for speed. i consider it in fact a NEED, may not be safe, may be dangerous and a problem. but you have to understand these people dont drive like this to intend danger to others but because they have a need that they just cant help. its a problem just like any other, and everyone has them. dont hate them for it. thats just my opinion dont hate me for it.
    would u hate somebody if they had the need to have sex and raped somebody. I'm sure they wouldn't want to hurt them, just have sex with them. well the same thing here, they're having fun and need for speed which is cool if done controlled and not negligent to risk inocent peoples lives. people get hurt because other people appetite for fun and speed. All I have to say is hate those people that are in racing in traffic and negligent, but don't hate the ones that floor the shit outta their cars when it ain't traffic,.. that cool let them do whatever,

Black
    Formula... soon

yes, good point. rape is on a whole nother level of wrong though. i cant really compare how much hate i have for rapists to reckless drivers. anyway, i would rather see a good reckless driver than just a bad driver. the reason im so defensive for fast drivers is because i once did it myself and i dont know why i did it but i felt bad for endangering people(actually i didnt even realize i was endangering anyone til the day after) but at the same it gave me a good rush. its probably just a young thing. just like throwing snowballs at your teachers car and not getting caught when you are like 10.

Thumbs up

sure, I get a rush too zig zagging a bit around cars,once, twice but not 5 minutes of it... I think we are all on the same page, racing is fun, thrilling but doing it safe to not endanger the other cars is good for then and us... we don't wanna end up wrapped around a poll or an innocent bystander either.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

i love that sh!t, the last move was kinda scetchy though.

I want a HUD.

Black
    99 FRC

1/2 mile or 5 miles, that was ignorance. When they kill somebody or total their vetts it will be lesson learned. 2 street racers killed my BEST friend of 30 years 6 months ago,doing the same stupid s**t.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i saw 2 vettes, today in tampa by busch gardens (where i was going, which was awesome) and they were weavin thru traffic (one yellow, one blue)... one of them was loud as hell, anyone know who owns these? jw, cuz it looked like fun lol

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

wow.....some ballsy shit right there.....Apparently doenst give a shit if he gets a ticket on that night one....lol

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody09 View Post
    I absolutely hate it when people drive like that! I mean come on, get the fuck out of the left lane, or just coompletely off the road if you're going to drive like an old geezer on his death bed. Slow drivers cause accidents. Less than 80 mph is definately very slow. It's a sunny day, get the fuck out of the way!

And to the haters, that driving is not bad. I see much worse every day by cars that weren't built to do what these vettes can do.

edit: Looks like Arkansas. Remind me to take a gun for the slow drivers next time I'm out there.
    Your a moron....

Black
    2005 GTO

reckless perhaps. I see worse everyday driving down the road. If your not doing at least 80(speed limit is 65) down here in fl on 295 or 95 your ass will get run off the road. I've been doing 80+ and get passed like im standing still. I hate to say it but these two individuals are probably more aware of there surrondings than everyone they just passed. Most those people were proabably doing something other than focusing on the road and there surrondings, like cell phone, radio, eating or just staring at the person in front of them in a daze.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    reckless perhaps. I see worse everyday driving down the road. If your not doing at least 80(speed limit is 65) down here in fl on 295 or 95 your ass will get run off the road. I've been doing 80+ and get passed like im standing still. I hate to say it but these two individuals are probably more aware of there surrondings than everyone they just passed. Most those people were proabably doing something other than focusing on the road and there surrondings, like cell phone, radio, eating or just staring at the person in front of them in a daze.
    wow, honestly that is a really good point!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I want to see the vid, but that's another site that is blocked!!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

Cant say Ive never done it, but its been a long time ago. That song kicked ass!

Charleston, SC, but originally from Gainesville, FL

SILVER
    2002 Z28

So true, I was in Jacksonville this last weekend and experineced it first hand. I have done it and seen it. Is it fun, yes, it is smart, probably not, but I would rather deal with that than a mom on the phone driving a minivan wrecklessly or some old old person that is in the fast lane driving five under.

Micah

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

lol yea lord knows listen to that radio will cause accidents

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    lol yea lord knows listen to that radio will cause accidents
    But looking down at your radio volume or changing station while goint 80+ on the freeway will. It happens every day all it takes is a second not looking at the road and you could find yourself off the road or into the back of the car infront of you. Or if your changing lanes and messing with the radio and not checking your mirrors/blind spot just assuming it was clear.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

But looking down at your radio volume or changing station while goint 80+ on the freeway will. It happens every day all it takes is a second not looking at the road and you could find yourself off the road or into the back of the car infront of you. Or if your changing lanes and messing with the radio and not checking your mirrors/blind spot just assuming it was clear.
    lol i know..i was just saying..i dont listen to the radio because it blows a lot of male appendage..the garbage on the radio is enough for me to black out and get in a accident

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Abolutely stupid. I counted twice for sure where the public was in REAL danger from their maneuvers. Playing with your own life is their business but playing with the lives of law abiding citizens on a public road should be some type of an attempt charge worthy of jail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information