Results 1 to 12 of 12

1992 Corvette ZR-1

This is a discussion on 1992 Corvette ZR-1 within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 1992 Corvette ZR-1 At 375HP this was the king of the hill in 1992....

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    181

    red
    1998 z28

    1992 Corvette ZR-1

    1992 Corvette ZR-1 At 375HP this was the king of the hill in 1992.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    201

    black
    1994 camaro z28 a4

    did they say lt5 engine?

  3. #3
    That guy thearborbarber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    892

    White over Red
    1991 Suburban

    LT5 is correct. It was built by mercury marine for GM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Did that thing have the oil filter mounted on top of the engine upside down? Bet that's fun to change. I bet it's not easy to get parts for the engine.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    GMHTP had an article once of a 3rd gen 'maro with an LT5 in it....

  6. #6
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    GMHTP had an article once of a 3rd gen 'maro with an LT5 in it....
    Ya I saw that. It was white with black trim I think. They almost made that car or something.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Ya I saw that. It was white with black trim I think. They almost made that car or something.
    the one i saw was like...purple, white...maybe green? and it had weird paint scheme going on. they called the LT5 a state of the art engine of the time. didn't read the article....so i don't know if it was.

  8. #8
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Hmm, this one was a prototype called the B4C Police interceptor package or something. Had a ZF sixspeed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    the one i saw was like...purple, white...maybe green? and it had weird paint scheme going on. they called the LT5 a state of the art engine of the time. didn't read the article....so i don't know if it was.
    It did have 4 valve heads. Pretty good considering what gm and ford were making at the time.

  10. #10
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    you know whats funny? and sorry to stray away from the main subject.. but I bet I know the reason GM wouldnt stuff an LT5 into a third gen. For starters..when I raced an LT1 vette and TA...they barely pulled on me. Now if I race an L98 Vette...I believe that I would be able to keep up with it..maybe even beat it now with my transmission setup..

  11. #11
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    you know whats funny? and sorry to stray away from the main subject.. but I bet I know the reason GM wouldnt stuff an LT5 into a third gen. For starters..when I raced an LT1 vette and TA...they barely pulled on me. Now if I race an L98 Vette...I believe that I would be able to keep up with it..maybe even beat it now with my transmission setup..
    Also the corvette was the flagship. They underrated the GNX because of it.

  12. #12
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Thats true, chevrolet cant have pony cars outrunning their flagship

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1992 zr1 corvette
    By bluehawk2000 in forum Corvette
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 02:22 PM
  2. 1992 Corvette, LT-1, Quasar Blue - 69k
    By FLTS1 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. 1992 Camaro Z28
    By 92purpleZ in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
  4. 1992 Camaro RS (Tx.)
    By Racer X in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM
  5. slammed 1992 gmc ext cab
    By cguth in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 02:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •