1968 Chevrolet Corvette - HS68VT

When one '68 Corvette isn't enough, Terry Smith had the answer to the dilemmaThere are at least as many reasons why some Corvette lovers have more than one example of America's Only True Sports Car as there are multiple Corvette households. That holds true for DeSoto, Missouri's Terry Smith. Several years ago, Terry and his wife, Kathy, were at Corvette Funfest at Mid America Motorworks. They were proudly showing off their L79-powered '68 Corvette as part of the "Funfest 50," chosen to represent the first-year C3 in that special display honoring Corvette's 50th Anniversary. Their '68 was flanked by two other Vettes that had something that the Smith's Shark didn't have. "I had a '67 big-block on one side of me, and a '69 big-block on the other," says Terry. "I told my wife, 'I think that we need to start looking for a big-block." But, unlike some spouses who may have disagreed, Kathy went along with the idea. "I had just about talked myself out of buying it, and she said, 'Let's go ahead. It's an investment, and we might as well have fun as we're doing it," he says. "She didn't twist my arm too far, though!"inline_mediumwraptextright30916200/featuredvehicles/corp_0912_1968_chevrolet_corvettecorp_0912_01+1968 _chevrolet_corvette_coupe.jpgTrue

Photo Gallery: 1968 Chevrolet Corvette - 400 HP 427-Powered C3 Ground Pounder - Corvette Fever Magazine

Photo Gallery: 1968 Chevrolet Corvette - 400 HP 427-Powered C3 Ground Pounder - Corvette Fever Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...