Thread: Z28 won't start

Black
    2002 Z28

Z28 won't start

My '02 Z28 won't start. I've tested the clutch start switch and it tests OK. When the key is turned to the start position the starter fuse and relay is getting 12 volts, but I'm not getting 12 volts to the solenoid. Is there a starter interupt on stock Z28's with the factory alarm? Has anybody had this issue? Is this something that I can fix or is it a trip to the dealer. Thank you for any help.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

is your security light on? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? Vats does interupt the starter and fuel pump.

Black
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    is your security light on? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? Vats does interupt the starter and fuel pump.
    When I set the alarm by pressing lock on the FOB the light on the dash blinks on and off. When I unlock the doors with the FOB the alarm light on the dash goes off until I open the door; then it blinks. When I shut the door it stays off again.

When I open the door the interior lights come on until I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position, then the lights will turn off.

When I turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump priming.

Today, I pulled all of the fuses on the side of the dash and in the two fuse boxes under the hood and visually inspected them; didn't see anything burned out. The starter and ignition relays in the fuse box I swapped with a couple used for the fans in the other box and still no voltage to the solenoid wire.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Ok here is the electrical path of the starter solenoid. It starts at the 50amp IGN fuse in the underhood fuse block (UHFB) then travels to the Ignition Switch then to the Starter fuse in the UHFB then to the Clutch pedal switch. Then it goes to the control side of the Starter relay in the UHFB. The BCM(Body control Module) then has to ground that starter relay to closed its contacts and send power to the Starter solenoid.

The BCM won't ground the Starter solenoid if there is a Security system problem and the security light will flash.

Black
    2002 Z28

Problem solved, the ignition switch isn't reading the VAT. I just took a trip to my local Radio Shack and fixed it for time being like in thread http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61262. I'll change out the lock sometime when I don't have other projects I need to do in my garage.

Thread Information