Pewter, the best color.
    2001 Camaro SS Drop top

You heard it first from Me "GM Grade 6"

I have a new saying that anyone who owns a Camaro can use. It's going to to be better explained in the up coming guide I have made but for some reason has to reviewed. But to sum it up, In my 2001 camaro, I had to pull the motor. Yes I broke stuff. It seems with no effort I could break probably thousand dollars with of stuff with slip of the wrench or simply you know, driving it like it was meant to be. But I know one thing that will never break. I have seen some crazy stuff and If you tell anyone you know this one fact, they will would react in disbelief followed by there is no way. Some of you might know this and never thought, " You know If they can do that, why can't they just make the whole care out of that. If you don't know what I'm talking about. Have a gander. I took this while pulling my ls1 out the bottom of my car.

That my friends and fellow F-body fanatics who have yet to drop their engines, is the 3 of the six, thats right 6 bolts that have been engineered by what I like to call GM's secret team. (I have 3 so far) that hold the entire front end of your car in place. Put them in and their size, thread, and placement do not require any special stretching, thread lock, or bolt degree. So how can my entire front end, body, engine, all of it be held by just these six little bolts that couldn't weight more then 2 pounds. I can even begin to imagine how much pressure per pound is forced on them daily and yet they are so strong that not even ARP has made a set of studs to replace these six bolts. So why couldn't my block or rod be of this what I like to call

"GM Grade 6" quality.

I changed my oil, I kept her filled with premium. And even though I pay GM with parts, service, and even my taxes now, I can still manage to be driving along, no racing, no dropping the clutch and launching, and at 84 thousand miles, Throw A mother F***ing rod by turning on the damn key. If I had a bad ass story like I was pulling on a vette or lambo and threw one, I wouldn't be so mad. But no, I got in turned the key and not even one revolution on the first fire leaving for a finance final, all hell breaks loose followed by oil, coolant, and my sanity. So for those six bolts, A toast, engineered to hold day and night, rain or shine, stock or blown, they'll still be there when my grand kid is buying one from a junk yard to restore it as a classic. So for everyone out that who feels my pain where the F*** are the "GM Grade 6" blocks and rods. Hey Obama, I need a bailout, where can I sell my share of GM stock I'm paying an extra dollar a square for. Oh wait, thats right. So for all yall that feel my pain, I vote that everybody who has ever lost like I have, that our babys be made of with "GM Grade 6" quality. Look if you like but you might want the bottle of Jack as bad as did.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Looks like you got water in the cylinder.

Pewter, the best color.
    2001 Camaro SS Drop top

Yeah, thats what my machine guy said. But I'll tell you why it was confusing to me. It had started running like crap when I was driving home. So I took the next day and changed all the plugs. When i turned the key it stuck. Not like something broke stuck, but like your battery cable was loose stuck. So I passed off. Yeah, turned it again and chaos. So if it was waterlock, the first key turn when it stuck should've locked it up, if that water was in the piston, you would think it would be to diluted to fire. So unless I just solved the worlds gas crisis, it was just the straw the broke the Maro's back. I would assume it's water lock because they egine locks into place. But to snap that rod at the bottom like it did without damaging the head just doesn't happen. But yeah, it's the only thing anyone can come up with.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by sbss01 View Post
    Yeah, thats what my machine guy said. But I'll tell you why it was confusing to me. It had started running like crap when I was driving home. So I took the next day and changed all the plugs. When i turned the key it stuck. Not like something broke stuck, but like your battery cable was loose stuck. So I passed off. Yeah, turned it again and chaos. So if it was waterlock, the first key turn when it stuck should've locked it up, if that water was in the piston, you would think it would be to diluted to fire. So unless I just solved the worlds gas crisis, it was just the straw the broke the Maro's back. I would assume it's water lock because they egine locks into place. But to snap that rod at the bottom like it did without damaging the head just doesn't happen. But yeah, it's the only thing anyone can come up with.
    In that cylinder..... yes. but you have to think you had7 others that were ready to go. I snaped a rod at the bottom too. it was also caused by hydro lock with-in 2 secs of start up. Sorry to hear about your loss

what are you putting back in there?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

The actual strength of those bolts vertically along the length of them is so strong that if there were a way to use only one on the front end it would hold it. Weakness in any bolt is the rotation of the heads to the threads and horizontal load on the bolts. Straight up and down with no side to side movement it could hold a full size trucks entire weight.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by sbss01 View Post
    So why couldn't my block or rod be of this what I like to call

"GM Grade 6" quality....

...So for those six bolts, A toast, engineered to hold day and night, rain or shine, stock or blown, they'll still be there when my grand kid is buying one from a junk yard to restore it as a classic. So for everyone out that who feels my pain where the F*** are the "GM Grade 6" blocks and rods. Hey Obama, I need a bailout, where can I sell my share of GM stock I'm paying an extra dollar a square for. Oh wait, thats right. So for all yall that feel my pain, I vote that everybody who has ever lost like I have, that our babys be made of with "GM Grade 6" quality. Look if you like but you might want the bottle of Jack as bad as did.
    WOW!!! Take a breather bud. What the F are even talking about? At least now you have a great excuse to build a bad ass engine, right?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

that had to have been a Lock. That kinda stuff doesnt happen at start up. No grade of GM material could have saved you. You tried compressing something that.... Will not.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Ouch!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you say the car was running bad before it broke? My guess would be a stuck open injector that filled the cylinder.

Thread Information