Yes, ANOTHER HP quessing game!

This is a discussion on Yes, ANOTHER HP quessing game! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; On a 2000 SS... A set of AFR 205's milled to 62, LG Motorsports G5X3 cam on 114, FAST 90 ...

2000 / SS

Yes, ANOTHER HP quessing game!

On a 2000 SS... A set of AFR 205's milled to 62, LG Motorsports G5X3 cam on 114, FAST 90 Intake/TB, SLP Lid/Bellow, Pacesetter longtubes, 3" borla cat back, no cats, DMH cutout, Racetronix fuel pump w/ bigger injectors, new GM performance liffters, COMP extreme pushrods, powerbond UDP, .040 Cometic Head gaskets... Basically a full bolt on minus the 600 dollar electric water pump... Motor... How much power?

I also have a 150 shot (wet) I will install w/ a stand alone fuel system.

I know where I'm at right now (everything mentioned, minus the thinner head gaskets and UDP) 420 whp, some say this number to be a little low, others say dead on. I'm hoping to see an increase with the head gaskets and UDP.

It's possible that AFR didnt mill the heads, which would be freaking awesome... But I dunno! I'm getting the heads checked when they come off for the gasket swap.

When it's all over and done with, I'd like to see 600+ whp (including nitrous) BTW... Frost lives local to me, so obviously car has been tuned by the best (He's been my adviser through out the build)

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

well to me those numbers seem pretty low... I know a guy here that has an MS3, Patriot heads at stock compression, no cut-out, and LS6 intake and P&P TB and is making a little over your power level and we don't have very good elevation either...

you're basically repeating the exact build I have planned and I would be pretty pissed if I only hit 420whp...

Thread Information