Blog Entries

Black
    2000 Camero SS

Angry WTF is wrong with my tranny!?!?!

Just had a new luk clutch put in along with with a fly wheel and a slave cylinder and also the a master clutch has been changed and I'm still having shifting problems. It's hard as hell for me to get my camero in reverse and sometimes when I pull up to a light and pop my car in neutral and try to to put it back in if first it won't go in, I got to really force it, nothing ever really grinds though and sometimes when I park and put my car into gear (usually second) it will go in real sluggish I got to put a lot of pressure on my shifter. 1600 dollars later and nothing has been fixed, can anyone tell me what's wrong with my car!?!?! Please and thank you

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Sounds like an internal issue to me if I had to guess..

What made you conclude it needed a new clutch kit and slave?

Generally speaking, when a clutch goes bad enough to stop gear engagement it effects all gears not just a few.

red/black
    2000 ss camaro

i say air in the hydrolics of the clutch

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Since we're just guessing I agree there could be issues with your hydro system having air in it.

That issue has been discussed many times over the years here.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you paid a company to install your new parts, take it back.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If I were the tech working on your car, or any manual car for that matter, I would inspect the gears, synchros, rails, forks, etc before installing the parts. You could have a bent shift fork or like was stated, air in the system. Take the car back and have the system re-bled. If the problems persist, then have the trans itself inspected for worn parts.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Sounds to me like you don't have full disengagement of the clutch. Could be a hydraulic issue, or a mechanical one. Did you have the flywheel resurfaced? Or did you replace it? You may need a shim to move the slave forward, which gives you more distance to disengage the clutch. YOu can test this by jacking up the rear of the car, and then while it is gear, push the clutch all the way in. If the tires move, then you don't have full disengagement.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

^^^ agree with this
    Check for full disengagement first and most likely it's air in the hydraulic system or you slave needs to be shimmed.

Blog Entries

Black
    2000 Camero SS

Right on fellas appreciate all the help. Flywheel was replaced both master and slave was replaced and a brand new luk clutch was installed all done by licensed shops. Took the car back today gentle men at the shop was cool about took it back told him I had tHe same problem picked it up about an hour ago. Told me h re-booted it and re bled it. Feels ten times better then last week, pedal sits were I feel like it should, no stickiness, feels better then I first bought it. I'm assuming it must of been air in the lines, I would never think it would cause that much of an issue if it wasn't bled right go figure... Reverse is still a tad bit tougher then the rest of the gears but I'm assuming that's just because its the farthest gear and its spinning the opposite way. But I defiantly could say I'm now satisfied lets just hope it holds up!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

It may be slider keys or a bent fork. I have a feeling it is internal, not what you wanted to hear I know. Have it bled again. If it is still not going into gear then you will have to look inside the trans. T56 units are know to blow slider keys and forks.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You don't ever shift into reverse hard so the chances of that happening are slim to none for reverse. I can see if it was for 3rd or 4th though.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

when ever you want to go to reverse in any trans. you want to go to any forward gear. that will align reverse up. when i broke my reverse fork in warranty, the tech gave me that advise and man what a difference that has made. and it don't matter what kind of standard tranny it is. my son drives honda's, and the same applies on them. If you do go to reverse and have to let out just a little bit on the clutch to get it to pop in gear. then try the any forward gear before going to reverse. you will see it works very well.

Thread Information