Wtf Stupid Sensors!!

This is a discussion on Wtf Stupid Sensors!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Took the car through auto car wash couple days ago and car never ran right sense. When I first start ...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Wtf Stupid Sensors!!

Took the car through auto car wash couple days ago and car never ran right sense. When I first start it, I have to let it run for a few minutes or it will buck and hesitate. But after a few minutes it runs fine, strong as ever. I think I fried an o2 sensor in the car wash or somethin. Anyone know how much they run?
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

cant take it to a dealership and have my o2 sensors checked until monday after work. Kinda sux. I hope it does turn out to be an o2 sensors not functioning properly, I believe it would be a cheaper/easier fix than if it was a coil pack that went bad.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

anyone else ever expirience this? Or was everyone else smart enough not to run their car through an auto car wash?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Smart enough not to, wash mine by hand. Auto zone will check it for free, I
    bought a OBD2 and that tells you just about everything you should have to know on the o2s.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Well I figured screw it, I am just going to go buy 2 new o2 sensors and swap them both out and see if that doesnt clear things up.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Expensive guess. Does it do it on cold starts? If it does consider this, the pcm doesn't use the O2 sensors to determine fueling in open loop. See what I'm getting at? Don't just throw parts at it or you're taking a chance of wasting money. The car wash could be completely coincidental. What about after it's warmed up? It runs fine then? How many miles since your last tune up? Have you checked fuel pressure? Is the car throwing any codes? Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor with some non-residue electrical cleaner?

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I took off the passenger side o2 sensor just to look at it yesturday before buying new ones and sure enough there was moisture in the plug still, I am going to attempt to dry them out on my days off. Just gonna let it sit until then, not gonna drive it.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Expensive guess. Does it do it on cold starts? If it does consider this, the pcm doesn't use the O2 sensors to determine fueling in open loop. See what I'm getting at? Don't just throw parts at it or you're taking a chance of wasting money. The car wash could be completely coincidental. What about after it's warmed up? It runs fine then? How many miles since your last tune up? Have you checked fuel pressure? Is the car throwing any codes? Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor with some non-residue electrical cleaner?
    Once the car runs for a few minutes it does run fine. Did plugs and wires about 3k ago. Havent checked fuel pressure. did clean the maf though. It is kinda weird, as soon as I turn the car on my AFR guage reads full rich, I believe the moisture in it is messing with it. As if it is telling the PCM to pull fuel and I think that is why it bucks and hesitates until it has ran for a few minutes. Once my guage starts reading normally it runs fine, strong as ever no bucking no hesitation. like I said before I will try and dry them out and go from there.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Also my exhuast started smelling terrible once this problem started, mods are in sig. Hopefully it goes away as soon as I can get the plugs(plugs to the o2 sensors) dried and car running as it use to during cold start. Not sure what causes the awful smell, any input?
    Last edited by Wheeler99WS6; 03-11-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Thread Information