SOM
    2002 SS

WTF happened to my drivers mirror??????

I was washing my Z yesterday and My mitt just slightly got under the mirror in my drivers side-view mirror and it pulled it out. It made a slight movement and I wasnt able to push the mirror back into place. It's facing out wards and skywards and I can't push it back in no matter what i do. The car does nto have power mirrors. Inside the car I removed the plastic cover and the little toggle switch that manually moves the mirror is pushed firmy to one side and when you try to move it out it goes right back to the side...

any help guys !

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds like the mirror popped out of socket. You may have to gently "force" the mirror back into place.

SOM
    2002 SS

I'll admit I used some force but is that what it probably is? Do I need to remove the mirror from the door to get inside?

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    I'll admit I used some force but is that what it probably is? Do I need to remove the mirror from the door to get inside?
    Thats probably your best bet its really not hard to take a mirror apart once you get the 3 bolts off hold it on pull it out there will be 2 screws in the front behind the mirror and 2 in the rear where it attached to the door take those out and the mirror will slide out the front then you can get a better look at what you are dealing with BUT when you take out the mirror slowly take it out that way if there is anything broke or detached you wont loose it and you'll get a better idea of how to fix it. Hope this helps
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

SOM
    2002 SS

when I look inside there are 3 metal cable wires that pull on the mirror surface from behind. the bottom one is tight. SO when I push the bottom of the mirror from the outside inwards.. the mirror pushes right back all the way out. only on the bottom. side to side it stays put. seems like something is siezed I'll be trying to take it apart tomorrow.

Thread Information