Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ws6 seems to hesitate

This is a discussion on ws6 seems to hesitate within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Durango I was having the same problemn and I cleaned the maf and it helped. Right now ...

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I was having the same problemn and I cleaned the maf and it helped. Right now I'm getting a ses light and it says o2 sensor and I'm getting hesitation but not as bad as you and they are telling me that it's the catalityc converter that's going or gone. Keep us posted
    well, today i bought some maf cleaner (instead of using throttle body cleaner) like someone else suggested (they told me throttle body cleaner leaves film on the maf), it has helped with the hesitation,but there is still a little there, i also got another bottle of throttle cleaner and recleaned the iac, tb, and the inside of the plenum. i tell you what though, since i took off the oil cap and replaced it with a breather, the tb and inside the plenum have been soooo clean, no new oil clogging it up , tomorrow i am out to buy some new plugs and change them out. its a new car so i'm not sure the last time its been changed. as to having bad cats, if they are going out on you, you will smell a rotten egg smell coming from your exaust(i don't) i also don't have any ses lights on so i don't think its the o2's. after i change the plugs i'll post to let you all know if it clears up that damn hesitation. thanks for the support everyone.

p.s.----i had the cats go out on my old cutlass, when the did i had absolutly NO power, i couldn't even get the car up to 30 mph, even when floored.
    Last edited by gokillyourself; 05-06-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

have someone run it it to check code history, my ses was burnt out before so i was throwing o2 codes but didnt know it.

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    have someone run it it to check code history, my ses was burnt out before so i was throwing o2 codes but didnt know it.
    i had the codes read a couple days ago and it was clean. thank god!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information