Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Won't Run Properly - Almost a Year Now...

This is a discussion on Won't Run Properly - Almost a Year Now... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by RONS98TA I hear ya about the cam swap. Its one of those things that you want to ...

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    I hear ya about the cam swap. Its one of those things that you want to do it, but you gotta do it right. The budget will DEF determine what gets done and when. Don't just half a$$ it. I did one little thing at a time. Upgraded muffler, yep, just the muffler. LOL Then CAI. Eventually i got full exhaust, fast intake, throttle body, cam, frost tune, stall, rear, sub frame connectors, supercharger, etc. I still would love to upgrade to afr heads, but my funds won't allow it. I didn't just get it all at once. I did side work and saved up for over 10 years. Its good to hear his car is back on the road and he is happy!! Great job guys!!
    Yeah I know exactualy what you mean I did it that way with my 83 Trans Am Ws6, which I still have becuase I'll never get the money out of it that I've put in. I trashed the enine in the car soon after I bought it. Had to settle and get a 305 back in it, but that didn't last to long. First most of the emission stuff came off. In the 80's they had no idea what they were doing, just an idea of what they wanted to do, band-aid this and that. So all emission stuff went. Then an eldelbrock intake and carb, then shorty headers from from hooker, big misstake becuase at the time they didn't make a y pipe for it. I had to have a custom one made till they finially came out with one 3 years later! Then ther was the rear. Blew up the Posi. Then ripped the teeth off the pinion gear in the rear. After that was fixed, I trashed on of my t-5 ripped all the teeth for 3rd gear of the counter shaft. Multiple clutchs, old schol z-bar setup. I love the z-bar you could adjust your grab height. Complely new interior at the time then topped with a 5 grand paint job. The car is due for another exterior spray from some rust that somehow excaped us durning the repaint. I must have over $ 25,000 in that car and that did't include the ZZ430 Small block I dropped into it also. This was over a couple of years. 2-3. If you don't know what the ZZ430 is look it up. it was a short run done by gm. 350 Engine Fastburn heads, 1.6 rocks high lift cam, 430 HP and 430 FT of torque its a darn nice engine.

I can't find my self getting rid of it yet. Unless a good price comes my way.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I will NEVER sell my 98 TA. I have way to much sweat and blood into it and I feel like it's part of my family. It would take 3-4 times the amount of money I have into it to even think about selling it, which will never happen because it just wouldn't be worth it for someone to pay that much for the car. I know I would be depressed if I sold it. In my opinion from only what I just read about your 83 TA your prob in the same boat. Don't do it! Money isn't everything. Keep something nobody else has because you made it the way you wanted it! Looks to me like its a pretty sweet ride. Nice job!

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    I will NEVER sell my 98 TA. I have way to much sweat and blood into it and I feel like it's part of my family. It would take 3-4 times the amount of money I have into it to even think about selling it, which will never happen because it just wouldn't be worth it for someone to pay that much for the car. I know I would be depressed if I sold it. In my opinion from only what I just read about your 83 TA your prob in the same boat. Don't do it! Money isn't everything. Keep something nobody else has because you made it the way you wanted it! Looks to me like its a pretty sweet ride. Nice job!
    Yeah thats exactly how I feel...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information