Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Wire Mod

This is a discussion on Wire Mod within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Cool guys. Thanks. All good derek....

Pewter
    '00 SS

Cool guys. Thanks.

All good derek.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Keep us posted bro. I want to do this also.

I did not understood nothing bout that red wired you guys talk bout lol
    On my car I didn't see that.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Keep us posted bro. I want to do this also.

I did not understood nothing bout that red wired you guys talk bout lol
    On my car I didn't see that.
    The red wire in my picture is the positive lead to my passenger window fix. If you don't have the kit, you wouldn't have the wire

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Before wire mod, if you look you can see the red wire from the window fix and the extra black wire going to the ground post just above the battery.

In this pic you can see it is all tuck up under. And yes the pic was taken after the ,pd was done but before clean up. In the pic you will see that I remove the grounding post. I used another spot inside the fender to give it a cleaner appearance.

Pewter
    '00 SS

where did you put the grounding post?

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    where did you put the grounding post?
    There are several other bolts in the engine bay that are used as grounds. I also moved every visible ground wire to a bolt that wasn't easily visible.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    The red wire in my picture is the positive lead to my passenger window fix. If you don't have the kit, you wouldn't have the wire
    im sorry for being ignorant lol.. but why is that for the window fix? never heard of that before

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Before wire mod, if you look you can see the red wire from the window fix and the extra black wire going to the ground post just above the battery.

Click for full size

In this pic you can see it is all tuck up under. And yes the pic was taken after the ,pd was done but before clean up. In the pic you will see that I remove the grounding post. I used another spot inside the fender to give it a cleaner appearance.

Click for full size
    hopefully i can do this soon... but one thing i dont get is to hide the box for the over drive,, the cables that go to the tb

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    im sorry for being ignorant lol.. but why is that for the window fix? never heard of that before
    GM for some dumb reason decided to be really cheap and ran the hot wire for the passenger window motor through the drivers window motor. I'm not sure if it's the distance or going through a switch/motor and then on to the passenger side, but by the time the current get's to the passenger motor it is just enough to power the motor but over time the slightly low current burns the motor out because it's not getting the full current. What this fix does is gives you a hot wire that goes directly to the hot post next to the fuse box, a new ground and a couple of relays that give you direct current from the battery bypassing the OEM route. It took me almost 1.5 hrs to do and that is because I took my time. I hate cracking the door panels to I'm always extra careful when I remove or install them.

Here is a direct link.
    AutoTrix :: Passenger Window Fix Kit

He is also a member on the site if you have questions. Myself as well as many others here have done this mod and if your around F-bodies you will or have run into this issue.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Gonna do the mod on Monday without the passenger window fix. Hopefully it won't need to happen in the near future. Hope it doens't take me all damn day to do it either. I know yall say it should be fairly quick. Hope your right. Will post before and after pictures when I can.

This is a do it yourself mod right? I shouldn't need a helper?

Navy Blue Metallic

no helper needed.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Make sure you move everything out of the way when you drill the hole by the PCM. I mean, check, double check, and triple check it is CLEAR. I didn't have any problems, but you could easily drill into something VERY important. You have to drill from the bottom cause there is NO clearance under the hood back in the corner.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I did the wire hide mod quite a while ago. Have had no issues and am very pleased with how it cleans up the look of the engine bay. Solo project as there is no room for a helper really.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Perfect. Will post pics tomorrow

LPM
    2000 Z28

Good luck

Pewter
    '00 SS

Have a speaker wire with a off switch on the driver side under the hood. Any ideas where to put it or should i leave it?

LPM
    2000 Z28

Picture speaks a thousand words. Is it a wire u ran?

Pewter
    '00 SS

Nope. When the stereo place put it in, they installed it. It really isnt in the way or even looks that bad. I may just leave it. It will be in the pictures for the finished product after wire mod

I am going for a red theme under the hood. Not everything but i have a red top battery, red SS sticker on lid, and that speaker wire is red. What to get red SS stiched in the seats eventually and red fuel rails and such... Also going to try and find the black with red trim SS badge. Calipers are also painted red btw and i am going with black wheels. Just seems like it will flow better to me with some red in it rather than pewter and black only. Gonna do red suspension (parts I dont already have) also.

Long way away for all that though. Gotta move from Hawaii to Texas beginning of 2013. So, gotta save for that more than play with my car.

Pewter
    '00 SS

2 of the 3 phillips heads broke off which made the plugs break. do they have that part at the parts store or is there a different thing to try?

LPM
    2000 Z28

What plugs? I don't see any reason for there to be speaker wire in the engine bay, unless you mean a power lead for an amp, and that would be better ran down the driver side to the fuse box... I'm confused

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information