Lightbulb Wiper blades for 4th gen fbody

After a bunch of headaches this week going to several places trying their "exact" or precision fit models, none of these worked too well. Most all the ones I tried didn't even make full contact with the windshield at the rest position, and when they wiped they would get only a portion of the glass.

I think our 4th gens are very particular about the blades... something about the mounting adapter along with the general contour and design of the wiper arm/blade. I know someone who works at GM, so I have asked them to order me a set of original AC delco wiper blades for my Firebird, so I'll get a bit of a discount. At least I'll pay a bit more for those but I know the bastards will work. What a pain.

Where do guys get your wiper blades from? I am not talking about any run of the mill 24 inch blades, but ones that actually WORK and make full contact with the glass.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I haven't found ANY replacement yet that makes full contact, but that's the whole assembly. My wipers are losing their black paint so I looked for the entire assembly and had the same luck as you. I just went ahead and purchased "narrow" 24" refills (Bosch Excel) at Auto Zone and they work fine with the standard bows. They're only about $6-7.

I'm going to repaint the bows if I can't find some reasonably priced OEM ones.

Hope this helps.

John

Camaro

The factory blades on the f-body were made by Bosch. So the bosch replacement blades should work the best.

Red
    1998 SS

if i remember correctly, at rest position the blades are not supposed to touch the glass, this is to prevent your blades from premature failure, due to the extreme temperature the glass reaches in direct sun light, it would toast the blades......
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

22143969 GM list $24, paid $18 at the dealer.

Thread Information