Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

windows not working momentary and headlights popping up

This is a discussion on windows not working momentary and headlights popping up within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well i called a victory too soon. The headlights are still popping once a while. I haven't seen the windows ...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Well i called a victory too soon. The headlights are still popping once a while. I haven't seen the windows issue so far.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

motor gear on the lights going bad?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I replace one when i got the car. I put a bronze gear. I dont hear the gears grinding or making noise.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Great, the window issue happened once again. I can live with the headlight popping up but i'm affraid the windows will get stuck while they are down and i cant close them up. I guess i will have to start looking into how can i hardwire them with a relay that cuts the power once the key is in "off". I have done this in older cars but I will have to look at the wiring diagrams and see if it is possible with a TA.

If i'm out of luck I will have to get a BCM and have it programmed. I'm just not sure if that is my problem. I wonder if I have a loose/dirty connection somewhere.

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

iam glade look at this thread i have this problem if i hit the dash it works hit a bump it quits

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

UPDATE - Hello guys. I know it's been a while but I was still having the window issues. Today it went down but didn't wanted to go up. I can hear the relays clicking(i have autotrix passenger window kit). I got home and I had power to the motor plug so I figured the motor was going bad. I replaces it with a new one and the issue remained. I disconnected the autotrix kit and put it back to factory. The window worked. I checked the relays and opened them up I can see both relay contact arm moving like they are supposed to. I reconnected the wires back to autotrix kit. I took voltage readings and i was missing voltage in one of the prongs when I hit the switch up.

I checked the relay harness and they were fine. I did noticed one of the relay contact's arm was arcing for a fraction of a second when it returned to its normally opened position(the arm was down). I pressed down the arm while holding the button in the "up" position and the window went up. As soon i released the pressure the window stopped working.

I cleaned the arm contacts with fine sandpaper and electrical contact cleaner. The window goes up and down now. I'm trying to ordered a few spare relays in case it continues to fail. I tried using 4 prong Bosch relays but the window will not work at all. The relays that come with autotrix kit are 5 prongs. I searched online for the same relay and found one on ebay for around $10 bucks. I emailed autotrix to see if he sells them or knows what car uses this type of relay. The relay number is: Bueler BU-5083W-0000. If anyone is familiar with a vehicle that uses the same relay let me know please.

I just wanted to share for those that have the kit installed to check the relays before changing the motor. I'm not saying in anyway the kit is bad or sucks. The kit works as is intended to and has worked great for a year.

The headlight issue happens once in a blue moon and i can live with it. It is not related to the window issue.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 05-13-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information