Window Wont Go Up!! Help!!!

This is a discussion on Window Wont Go Up!! Help!!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; For the past couple of weeks, I've been having issues with my drivers side window going up and down. sometimes ...

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

Angry Window Wont Go Up!! Help!!!

For the past couple of weeks, I've been having issues with my drivers side window going up and down. sometimes it works fine, sometimes ill try to get it to go down and it wont... The other day i tried to put it down and it would budge, then while i was driving, it randomly went down! now, the window wont move, and its down! the passenger side is fine, it goes up and down without any problems (replaced motor a couple of months ago). when i press up or down on the controls for the drivers side, i can hear clicks from the panel under the steering wheel. sometimes it sounds like its coming from the fuse box, sometimes it sounds like it coming from where the OBD reader is. PLEASE HELP!!! its been raining here for the past couple of days, and I cant take putting a tarp over the car for much longer!!! thanks for any advice!!!

black
    99 z28

dont no if im giving the right info but i wud check the fuse that controls your windows....then if thats fine maybe pull the door panel off and look for wiring issues chafing broken wire...the only other thing i could think of maybe is wrong is the regulator went out or possibly the switch is bad?

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

I pulled the door panel off, and all the wiring looks fine. I dont seen any exposed wire or any chafing at all... and for the fuse, doesnt that control both the passenger and drivers side? If the fuse was bad, i figured neither window would work.

black
    99 z28

uh im not to sure that the fuse controls both windows......i am new to the f-body world but i used to be sorta a tech at a chrysler jeep dealer and just kinda throwing the ball up in the air and kinda point possibilities that i have sometimes seen at the dealer

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the help, ill look into the fuses!

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

It should be a circuit breaker. It could be the motor is going out, the switch is bad or the relay. I would say the motor if the pass side works. You might be able to pull it up while someone hits the switch.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

ok i think i narrowed it down to the relay... does anyone know whether there is one relay for both windows, or is there one for each window? also... where the hell are these relays located? it seems like they might be in the dash behind the gauges, not too sure though

Silver SS / Blue Z06
    1999 SS 2003 Z06

pull off the power window switch and see if there is voltage going to the motor. If there is then it is the motor itself. If there is not then check other sources...i.e. relay, wiring etc.

Thread Information