Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Window problems.

This is a discussion on Window problems. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Keep us in mind!...

Keep us in mind!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

oh i will....my drivers side window is randomly not working................(*)&(*^%(* arg........i will be getting a new motor, and while installing it i will get trixie's window "fix" mod installed at the same time, taking these doors apart is a B!TCH!!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    while installing it i will get trixie's window "fix" mod installed at the same time
    whats that??

Keep in mind our kit only installs for a passenger side fix, although can improve the overall electrical integrity of the original circuit, noticed while rolling both windows down at the same time.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

ok i installed my new ebay window motor this weekend using the shoebox website writeup. it was a bit of a pita and from start to finish took about 4 hours (although at least 30 mins of that was spent looking for various tools). i also had to go to the local hardware store and buy slightly longer screws because the ones provided with the kit were only like a hair length longer than the nut when installed and i didnt feel comfortable leaving it that way. all in all im glad i did it myself and saved several hundred $'s of labor costs. plus the next time i need to install one of these a few years from now it should be MUCH easier because the holes are already drilled into the door so all that needs to be done is unscrew the old one and pop in the new one. so i'd recommend anyone with an entire afternoon to kill and a bit of patience to try doing this yourself instead of taking it to a shop.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

installed trixies fix on the passengers side, it def. helped....and is worth it.

but its a royal PITA to run the wires, you gotta feedem to the door, pull the pcm out to get thru the firewall......

took me about 2 hours......but like i said, worth it.

i just need to figure out why my brand new driver's side window motor is slow.....how do you adjust the window?

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

4 hours wow. But like you said you had to run to the hardware store. I hate when that happens. Next time it would be alot alot easier.

Which side did you replace Ripper415??

orange
    99 z28

it's no too hard, took me like 2 hours and i've only done it the once (still haven't changed the pass. side yet lol) just find some good installation pics

now my problem is my window won't go up, only 6 month old window motor (autozone) so i'm thinkin its a bad switch or loose wire (hopefully) any suggestions?

I would check your slides/guides and lube as necessary; regulator arms could need some grease also. I have read several threads about the regulator arms being bent as another hidden culprit. I have also seen a couple of cracked switch housings causing a high resistance or no connection at times as well. You could pull the door panel, stick a volt meter on the motor, operate the switch and observe the reading while moving things around to see if you lose connection. (if you think it is a loose or bad connection.)
    These windows just werent on GM's list of greatest accomplishments.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by autotrix View Post
    These windows just werent on GM's list of greatest accomplishments.
    Or the headlight motors..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Onyx Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by sskid View Post
    ive been reading up on the "how to" of window motor installation and its not lookin to easy.
    I felt the same way but the sticky is very well written. I followed it step by step and did it in about an hour 15 minutes; and that was just taking my time and checking/double checking what I was doing. Make sure though that you pull up on the inside door panel and then out so not to break the panel door clips off.

orange
    99 z28

yeah the hardest part for me was them damn little nuts the new motor came with - trust me they're a bitch to find if ya drop em in the door!

does anyone have a schematic of where the window wires go to and come from? i'm thinkin about puttin some switches on the center console and just rewiring the whole shitty setup.. i just wanna get the old wires outta there if i do it

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

i have this problem with the driver side window. it works fine but every time i try to raise the window, right before it goes all the way up i here like a click and does not close right not sure what is wrong with it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information