Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Window air leak 98 TA

Hi all. I own this car for a year now and it started with the T-Tops leaking water. I solved the problem by resealing them with black silicone. I started to notice a bad air leak around the window when im driving the car months after i own it. It gets pretty loud on the highway. Its very annoying. I know that the weather stripping is around 10 years old. It looks in good shape. My window started to get stuck going in the up position. I had to replace the metal piece that holds the window glass and some of the bearings. After I did this the air leak got worse. I researched a little bit and found that the window can be adjust. Should I try this? and where can i find a guide to do it? I know that i can adjust how much the top part of the glass leans in against the weatherstrip. That's where i hear the noise coming from but i can't feel any air when i pass my hand around it. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks.

black trans am

1st readjusting and getting the window right sucks 100% i lucked out and had one of my body shop buddys do mine cus i can never get them right... my 95 is realy bad but my 00 is not as bas to get right... ur best guess is start paluing with the bump stops on the tracks and see if u cant get it all lined up right ... can be don in 5 mins or two weeks .... its luck and a lil bit of know how

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I thought I was the only one with this issue. My weatherstripping looks fine. but passenger side window leaks like a siv

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

if your window is getting stuck..it might be time for a new window motor..when they are bad or going bad..they dont have enough force to truely seal the window like a good motor would...so while it looks up..and such..it isn't causing water and air to leak....i will be replacing my weather trim next summer ..

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Believe it or not, a part of the problem COULD be door hinge misalignment....

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Believe it or not, a part of the problem COULD be door hinge misalignment....
    This is most likely the cause of my problem. How do you align the door? Sometimes mine doesn't shut like it should, unless I slam it. Hate to do that. But now its caused my guides to wear out and my window is leaking air, as well as being loose when rolled partially down.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

when you close the door, check how much sag you have. Check the condition of the hinge as well. It may be as simple as loosening, adjusting, then retightening the door.

Black
    00 WS6

My driver's side window has a little gap that I have learned to live with.....I'll have to see if my door is sagging at all.

Thread Information