Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Will 10% ethanol mess with my tune (or NITROUS?)

This is a discussion on Will 10% ethanol mess with my tune (or NITROUS?) within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

  1. #21
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    Also as of right now, We pumping billions of our dollars into the Arab World ...

    Speaking For myself::::: I Buy American *****

    My Kids are Marine Corp,

    On occasion I buy something made in China, But I am pay nothing for it,

    Because thats what its worth to me, NOTHING

    I dont Dig sending my money to China , Because I know their Strategy is to enter our Market Cheap, Put the American business man out of business, Then corner the Market and inflate the price to its former LEVEL,

    Except now you have an unemployed American and Shitt quality product,

    Ethanol is already here, It is in a lot of Folks tanks right now,

    My game is this::: And I'm Cool if it's not for you,

    I can buy ethanol @ 105 octane, And Further Employ one of my fellow Americans, Who will pay taxes, Buy a house, Buy A new car, Feed his Family Etc:Etc:

    Or I can Keep riding the Roller coaster at the gas Pump,

    And keep sending my Cash$$$$$ to HabeeB in Saudia Arabia

    And everytime He Burps,Farts Or Shitt's Himself = Weak America ~

    I get to pay Higher prices at the pumps $$$$$$$

    Also I get to Pay higher prices for Durable Goods,Because my Pal the truck driver is paying more for Diesel fuel Now,

    Higher fuel prices also inflate production costs here, (Something I know A lot about) Which leads to layoffs/inflation if business is slow

    By buying E85 or Even E100 I keep all my cash here,

    And to Hell with OPEC and Habeeb lol

    By the time were done he wont even be able to sell me Silica sand @ 2 A pound to make Glass lol
    I agree, I hate to buy foreign crap, and try to avoid it. It's nearly impossible this day and age though. I'm not knocking you because you want to use ethanol. I hope it works for you. It's just not for everyone. If they found something that didn't have the side affects and burned more efficiently, I'd be right there at the pump with you. For now,,,I'm not willing to switch 9 cars over to it, too costly for what little I drive some of them. Which is actually worse in my case. As long as some of these cars sit at a time, the last thing I want is 85% ethanol in the system collecting moisture.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-01-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  2. #22
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    All 89, 91, 93 here have 10% ethanol.

    I buy 87 for my daily.

  3. #23
    Member vette0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    117

    Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yes I'm aware of that,,,,dude, I wasn't questioning that. But that's not stopping the markets from charging more for food regardless,,,that was my point. They are also talking of raising food prices "because" of the cost of gas to haul it. Either way, we pay for it.
    Well Partner, I can handle a little increase from my friend the farmer,

    Also he's Good American his money stays here at home.

    He's been good to me over the Years and his prices are Fair

    Considering all he has to go through to bring his product to market,

    What I wont be doing in the Future is Sending my Cash $$$$$$$

    Out of this country, Nor will I be riding the Roller coaster(aka NYSE) at the Gas pumps

    I'm a fabricator, But I come from a long line of Farmers down south

    Who believed in Self sufficiency , Including making Ethanol "If need be"

    Then 1 day I was pumping some of that Arab juice in my car @ $5 a gallon,

    And I thought, You must be a damn Fewl paying these @ holes $5 bucks a gallon for Something that has Ethanol in it Anyway,

    And they aint even supplying me with KYB Jelly for when I get F******K'd

    So I might as well teach my kids, 1 more Lesson on how Not to Get F******** over by society and Be a good american and Keep the$$$$$$$$$$$$ here at home
    Last edited by vette0009; 03-01-2011 at 02:35 PM.

  4. #24
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    If it makes ya feel better that's all that matters. For me right now it's not about where the money is going for gas, it's about the cars.
    Piece of cake to swap newer cars over to this stuff, but the classic cars are another story. Some of these things are to valuable to fool with.

  5. #25
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    Well Partner, I can handle a little increase from my friend the farmer,

    Also he's Good American his money stays here at home.

    He's been good to me over the Years and his prices are Fair

    Considering all he has to go through to bring his product to market,

    What I wont be doing in the Future is Sending my Cash $$$$$$$

    Out of this country, Nor will I be riding the Roller coaster(aka NYSE) at the Gas pumps

    I'm a fabricator, But I come from a long line of Farmers down south

    Who believed in Self sufficiency , Including making Ethanol "If need be"

    Then 1 day I was pumping some of that Arab juice in my car @ $5 a gallon,

    And I thought, You must be a damn Fewl paying these @ holes $5 bucks a gallon for Something that has Ethanol in it Anyway,

    And they aint even supplying me with KYB Jelly for when I get F******K'd

    So I might as well teach my kids, 1 more Lesson on how Not to Get F******** over by society and Be a good american and Keep the$$$$$$$$$$$$ here at home
    Got nothing to do with Arabs. Got everything to do with American politicians who are greedy and have secret agenda's. Focus here man.

  6. #26
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Got nothing to do with Arabs. Got everything to do with American politicians who are greedy and have secret agenda's. Focus here man.
    No shit, if only the general public had a fucking clue what's going on.

  7. #27
    Member vette0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    117

    Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Got nothing to do with Arabs. Got everything to do with American politicians who are greedy and have secret agenda's. Focus here man.
    Opec has nothing to do with the Arabs lol

    Say I'm not here to convince you or anybody else

    I'm having a chat with Firebird or anyone else that would like to join in,

    But check this::

    Imagine if all those Billions of dollars spent on fuel each Day in the USA ,

    http://science.howstuffworks.com/env...-addiction.htm

    Stayed here in The Good'ol *****USA ****

    And All those Dollars went into creating Jobs for American workers ****

    I guess that would be a " Good Thing " No ???
    Last edited by vette0009; 03-01-2011 at 07:21 PM.

  8. #28
    Member parnelligq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi
    Posts
    123

    black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

    I too would rather buy American. Chinese quality currently sucks but they will keep working to take our jobs and our cash. I would like to be able to run the E85 even if it means reworking the fuel system. If E85 is going to phase out gas then we need to learn to work with it or not drive. Of course! the price will go up. If we made cars that would get 100mpg OPEC would just charge $20. per gallon. Its like running on a tread mill while they control the speed. They will run you to death. So suck it up and start doing the research now.

  9. #29
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    But check this::

    Imagine if all those Billions of dollars spent on fuel each Day in the USA ,

    http://science.howstuffworks.com/env...-addiction.htm

    Stayed here in The Good'ol *****USA ****

    And All those Dollars went into creating Jobs for American workers ****

    I guess that would be a " Good Thing " No ???
    Yes...but there's more too it then just that.

    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    Then 1 day I was pumping some of that Arab juice in my car @ $5 a gallon,
    If I'm remembering correctly, less then 20% of our oil comes from Arab nations. And about 40% to 45% comes from Canada and Mexico. But your point is still valid since its not good Ol' USA

  10. #30
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    Opec has nothing to do with the Arabs lol

    Say I'm not here to convince you or anybody else

    I'm having a chat with Firebird or anyone else that would like to join in,

    But check this::

    Imagine if all those Billions of dollars spent on fuel each Day in the USA ,

    http://science.howstuffworks.com/env...-addiction.htm

    Stayed here in The Good'ol *****USA ****

    And All those Dollars went into creating Jobs for American workers ****

    I guess that would be a " Good Thing " No ???

    I'm all for the USA when it's feasable. I can't stand the fact that we import so much here, yet other countries don't let us in. It's killing jobs for sure.
    I just don't see an end to it. Most of the good jobs are gone and I doubt they are coming back. I'm thinking those days are gone unless this country does something drastic with foreign trade, and all these companies leaving the country for cheaper labor isn't helping either.

  11. #31
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    It's pretty simple, who ever controls the oil, controls the world. If we are the last one's on earth with the oil, we'll dictate what happens. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp...that's why we import everything.

    I'm not exactly "for" this, we are all in this together...

    I remember reading about hydrogen cars and fuel cells in HS, wtf ever happened to those cars...oh yea, our government actually wants us and everyone else to depend on oil. They control the price, the flow, and the taxes. They raise state and government taxes on oil through earmarks all the time.

    Most people don't even know oil is taxed or even care. It's .28 a gallon for Nebraska, not sure where the federal rate is now
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 03-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    11

    Black
    1999 Z-28

    FWIW the last time I checked sugar cane was used to make sugar, molasses, rum and other food products..

  13. #33
    Member vette0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    117

    Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm all for the USA when it's feasable. I can't stand the fact that we import so much here, yet other countries don't let us in. It's killing jobs for sure.
    I just don't see an end to it. Most of the good jobs are gone and I doubt they are coming back. I'm thinking those days are gone unless this country does something drastic with foreign trade, and all these companies leaving the country for cheaper labor isn't helping either.
    Yeah I hear yah Brother

    Dont ever count America out tho

    Those cheap imports from China, Taiwan, and the soon to be India is what we call " Fools GOld" here in California,

    It has more Perceived Value than Actual value and cost some American his Job,

    Its some shit you'll buy over and over and send more American Cash $$$$ Abroad to China,

    We call those Consumables and its where you want to be if you want to Create a market of Return customers,

    It Multiples your sales and doesn't happen by accident,$ $ $

    In short the Communists Won the Cold War, for the Instant

    But the War ain't over YET !

    My moneys on America

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ethanol Fuel and Vintage Vehicles - Ethanol Educat
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:20 AM
  2. What to look for in nitrous tune.
    By RealLiveMD in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 02:32 AM
  3. ? about nitrous tune
    By 99w69kitt in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
  4. Question: Custom nitrous tune on pcm?
    By BOTLRKT in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
  5. Lt1 Nitrous Tune
    By 96lt1z28 in forum LT1
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •