Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

who has the best meth kit

This is a discussion on who has the best meth kit within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 99transamC/FIA ... Frost why are you always the frist one on here to bash what you dont ...

  1. #21
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by 99transamC/FIA View Post
    ...
    Frost why are you always the frist one on here to bash what you dont use.If the pump Alky uses has to be rebuilded before you can use it, I would like to know why dont they do their homework a find something that is right for that app.
    Seeing as Snow uses the same pump... I guess you have done the homework to find a unit that works as-is that is similarly priced? I have been through piecing kits together, and I couldn't source one better myself.

    You make it sound like I have no right to talk about them becuase you assume I have no background to speak from. I have put Snow's kit on more than one car in the past, and I have been a part of over a dozen setups (I tuned them) that ran Snow. All of them that are friends or that I still keep up with are on replacements pumps, not one or two. One of my best friends hurt his stock bottom end 3 (prolly 3+, but while) years ago when his Snow pump quit on his second pass on a 100deg day, he lost a ringland. This was a rebuilt Powerdyne setup at 7-8psi, and if you didn't know, they have no intercooler, so the meth was especially critical to him. That same day, on the previous pass, for whatever reason, during his burnout, he lost a line but fortunately caught it before the pass and stabbed it back in. His car was the one in particular that I mentioned grabbing another 90deg air fitting for after the first one broke. Random other issues include, in their simple kit, the small clear and black plastic semi-adjustable pressure switch that lost it's repeatability in a month on a daily driver. At 3psi it was fine, but with an on/off system, full on at 1psi is a LOT.

    I just haven't had any issues with the Alkycontrol kits, and Julio Don is ALWAYS available for support on the phone. Seeing as he is the kit's designer, he knows ALL of it inside and out and can go through really any issue with you at any time without need of reference.

    I don't have any affiliation with ANY methanol companies what so ever, I just want to see people have a positive experienced returned from their FI setup, and sweating your methanol system should NOT be something that you have to do.

    I run Alkycontrol on my own turbocharged car, and I run 16-17psi on pump gas at 21deg of timing on an 8.5:1 engine for the last 8-9,000 hard street miles.

    I will step out of this thread and allow others to discuss it.

  2. #22
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    ....I also am involved in some of the top door slammers and altered cars in the NHRA down here....all run Snow...why? Because snow has proven it works very reliably over 1200HP......But as I always say...research yourself.....talk to folks that use the various solutions you are looking for...and make a informed decision.....

    I did some looking into this.... turns out that pure methanol is not allowed at all in that class. The issues with Snow's pumps failing with pure meth use won't be an issue for them, since they are not allowed to run it. With water, the Snow pumps won't have any issue. On the street, you are giving away the farm if you aren't running straight methanol.

    Also, the Alkcontrol kit is the only one that he NHRA has allowed for use in Sportsman Racing. So it has been inspected by a sanctioning body.

    For hardcore turbo tech, check out the Buick guys over at Turbobuick.com where all of the user base is running straight methanol for HP and peace of mind on pump gas... See how many of those guys run Snow now a days. A few years back many of them did.

  3. #23
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I did some looking into this.... turns out that pure methanol is not allowed at all in that class. The issues with Snow's pumps failing with pure meth use won't be an issue for them, since they are not allowed to run it. With water, the Snow pumps won't have any issue. On the street, you are giving away the farm if you aren't running straight methanol.

    Also, the Alkcontrol kit is the only one that he NHRA has allowed for use in Sportsman Racing. So it has been inspected by a sanctioning body.

    For hardcore turbo tech, check out the Buick guys over at Turbobuick.com where all of the user base is running straight methanol for HP and peace of mind on pump gas... See how many of those guys run Snow now a days. A few years back many of them did.
    LOL...what class you talking about? Altered? Ray runs various setups depending on what the event is as does Tina.....My point is there are many many top performers in lots of "classes" and "Event Sponsors" that run Snow equipment. You sure make it hard don't you? Did you not read my plan to compare them going forward at all? I ain't going to no Buick sight...what does that have to do with a fucking thing? Are you still upset someone may run something different than you so you declare jihad with a bunch of "internet post".....as I said earlier....I am buying an alky kit...comparing the two and will report my findings....I went further to say I am always willing to listen and learn new things.....called an open mind.....this is silly....

  4. #24
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    LOL...what class you talking about? Altered? Ray runs various setups depending on what the event is as does Tina.....My point is there are many many top performers in lots of "classes" and "Event Sponsors" that run Snow equipment. You sure make it hard don't you? Did you not read my plan to compare them going forward at all? I ain't going to no Buick sight...what does that have to do with a fucking thing? Are you still upset someone may run something different than you so you declare jihad with a bunch of "internet post".....as I said earlier....I am buying an alky kit...comparing the two and will report my findings....I went further to say I am always willing to listen and learn new things.....called an open mind.....this is silly....


    You seem to be a pretty angry guy Sarge. I am sorry that my opinion and yours is not the same here, but that's how life is.

    I'm not sure what I'm doing that is "making it hard" or how I am in the way of you comparing them either.

    The reason to go the buick site and "what it has to do with a fucking thing" is that, unlike your Pro cars, pure meth is most useful on the street for not only cooling, but for it's octane value as well. These guys push octane as far as ANYONE on pump gas, and have had engine failures directly related to methanol failure and no longer use Snow as a result. Seeing as how the original poster will be using his with pump gas, like the GN guys, it would logically seem more relevant than your race cars.

    I am quite done with this thread, but you are welcome to stay here and curse and hollar at me.

  5. #25
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Frost...you must be 12. You can stay here and bash away at anything you dont use.....which obviously you do quite often.....I have tried and tried in this thread to be rational and all you do is continue .....I have tried to put together a reasonable and unbiased plan to help the OP compare kits....and all you do is continue. I have no opinion Frost.....I shared my own experience with the Snow kits and the hoses......you raised yours experience....I suggested I buy a Alky Kit and compare and you just continue.....Me angry? About what? I get angry with irrational people yes I do....I have tried to provide definitive data through testing/comparing at my expense and you continue with offering "internet forums" and your "experience" for your definitive data.....yes I get frustrated with people like you.

  6. #26
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    OK....time to man up.....
    Here is what I found out....Snow a few years back split from the manufacturer and the last few years have been putting out a inferior kit...all my comments were based on kits installed before then....so being the old man I am I got my panties in a wad.....thinking this Frost knucklehead was full of shit...but low and behold I'm full of shit.....Labonte Motorsports built the Snow kits that I was talking about and Lord knows who has been building them the past year or so....so I apologize Frost.....I'll drink the Kool-Aid and go die....
    But the good news is the "original" Snow kit is still available from the original folks and that is a good thing...
    http://www.labontemotorsports.com/st...ow/ISG-10.html
    So Frost I was wrong and you was right. Sorta

  7. #27
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    OK....time to man up.....
    Here is what I found out....Snow a few years back split from the manufacturer and the last few years have been putting out a inferior kit...all my comments were based on kits installed before then....so being the old man I am I got my panties in a wad.....thinking this Frost knucklehead was full of shit...but low and behold I'm full of shit.....Labonte Motorsports built the Snow kits that I was talking about and Lord knows who has been building them the past year or so....so I apologize Frost.....I'll drink the Kool-Aid and go die....
    But the good news is the "original" Snow kit is still available from the original folks and that is a good thing...
    http://www.labontemotorsports.com/st...ow/ISG-10.html
    So Frost I was wrong and you was right. Sorta

    Thanks Sarge!

    I wasn't trying to be difficult, just wanted to relay my honest experience to people reading, and I am sure that you were doing the same.

  8. #28
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    No your a good man and I appreciate you being here ......We both are trying to keep the bullshit out of the forum and you did a great job.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Meth Kit
    By 10spokess in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 04:57 PM
  2. Meth Kit
    By 35th-ANV-SS in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
  3. will meth help
    By hijinx in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
  4. water meth
    By maverick racing in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 07:58 PM
  5. Meth Kit?
    By Spikito in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 04:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •