Results 1 to 8 of 8

who is better

This is a discussion on who is better within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; which of the 2 is the best 4 cylinder heads Air Flow or Trick Flow...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    15

    Question who is better

    which of the 2 is the best 4 cylinder heads

    Air Flow or Trick Flow

  2. #2
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Didn't know either one of those companies even made a 4 banger head...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    15

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Didn't know either one of those companies even made a 4 banger head...
    not a 4 banger i used the number 2 sufice for the word for sorry

    i wanna do a significant upgrade on my LT! but i dont kno kno what the top 3 comps r
    i was told either of the 2
    which best between them

  4. #4
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Oh,,,you had me there with that numerical 4

    Are you building a gen 2 LT1???

    I use AFR myself, at the time trickflow didn't make a head for my application. But either head works well. We had built a few gen 1 small blocks with 18 degree Trickflows and they made great power on the dyno.
    I'm guessing that both AFR and Trickflow both use the conventional 23 degree heads on the gen 2 LT1 application, so it's a toss up.

    On the LS1 though, AFR stuck with the stock 15 degree angle heads,,,but Trickflow cast a 13.5 degree head,,which gives Trickflow a slight advantage in the flow department. You would really have to crunch some numbers for your given power goal.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    15

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Oh,,,you had me there with that numerical 4

    Are you building a gen 2 LT1???

    I use AFR myself, at the time trickflow didn't make a head for my application. But either head works well. We had built a few gen 1 small blocks with 18 degree Trickflows and they made great power on the dyno.
    I'm guessing that both AFR and Trickflow both use the conventional 23 degree heads on the gen 2 LT1 application, so it's a toss up.

    On the LS1 though, AFR stuck with the stock 15 degree angle heads,,,but Trickflow cast a 13.5 degree head,,which gives Trickflow a slight advantage in the flow department. You would really have to crunch some numbers for your given power goal.
    yes i am n thanks 4 the advice
    i plan on runnin wit AFR thts what i was thinkin off top so thanks 4 the reassurance
    also if u have ne more advice 4 me plz send it my way

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    15

    Question also

    im lookin at all the parts ima need 2 upgrade my babe
    n i dont understand how exactly 2 determine what stock camshaft i need
    im lookin at the stock COMP Camshafts but i dont understand exactly what i lookin at
    plz help here is the link so u can c what i c



    i am alos having the same indecisive problem with pistons (and or kits)
    which should i pick or at least tell me how 2 pick plz n thanks

    here r the links 2 choose from








    Last edited by Cutlass; 06-23-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Removed links to non-sponsored websites

  7. #7
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    oh Trick flow gets their heads from Air flow basically .there are small differences ..however both will give you close to the same gain and both are top of the line

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    15

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    oh Trick flow gets their heads from Air flow basically .there are small differences ..however both will give you close to the same gain and both are top of the line
    thanks 4 the help plz check out my other ?'s n tell me what u think

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •