Black
    1999 Trans Am

Where is the PCV valve??

Can somebody tell me or post a picture of where the pcv valve is. I doubt its ever been changed on my car so I figured I'd go ahead and change it since its only $3.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

ok, its like the top line on the left side of the TB if your looking at the motor from the front. then you can trace the line back. it goes right down the left side of your intake. the PCV is in that line up near the left corner of the intake

I suck at giving intructions, I'll get some pics...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

here you go. look just behind my microswitch. you'll see two rubber lines. the lower one that attaches to the intake is the PCV system. just follow it back to the rear of the passenger side valve cover.
    Click for full size
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Thanks alot I changed it and it had a lot of oil in the other one, I dont know if that is bad or not but it seems like it idles better.

blueorb
    Sorry to thread jack. Can someone tell me what the PCV valce does? Do all gen cars have this PCV valve? I have a 02 SS with 27,000 miles. Should I be concerned with checking it? Thanks.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

It's not that critical to change - just do it everyone once in a awhile and your be fine. I didn't change mine for 100,000 miles. Thats too long, especially since it is so easy to do.

P.S. I didn't notice any difference when I finally got around to changing it. I think it is mostly polution control stuff, and the car passes emmisions testing every year, so it wasn't high on my list of things to do. (kind'a like replacing the Spark Plug in the #8 cylinder - I'll get around to it someday).

Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Hey guys,

Sorry to reincarnate this old post, but I'm trying to do this and I need some help (I may be mechanically challenged). I've got a 2000 SS. From mrr23's pic I'm pretty sure I found that line on my engine. So do I need to follow it all the way back to the rear of the valve cover to get at the PCV valve, or do I pull the hose in the front, where it's shown in the picture? Cause mrr23 said follow it to the rear, but my Haynes manual says on 1998 and later the PCV valve is located in the front of the passenger side valve cover. ?? I'm assuming front is front of the car right?

If I do have to follow it to the rear, that's a problem cuase there's so much other crap in the way on that side of the engine that I can't even see the end of that hose. Btw, as that hose follows the valve cover, it has a few of these rectangular pieces attached to it that slide into slots on the intake. Weird. Are we sure this is the right hose? Anyway, if I need to, how do I get to the back of this hose and actually disconnect it? Seems like something's wrong here, cause it sounds like I'm the only one having this issue.

Btw, the reason I'm doing this is b/c my car's being seriously lacking power lately. So far I've tried changing the plugs, the fuel filter, and I've also flushed the coolant. No luck. I'm hoping it might be this PCV thing, since it's cheap.

Thanks for the help.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

on both of my cars, 99-00, the PCV is in the back. there are no PCV valves in the front of the valve covers.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I have a 00 also and mine is up front by the throttle body....in the pic you posted yours is also, it's behind the switch.

CKramer, on the passenger side there's 2 rubber hoses...one going to the intake manifold right behind the throttle body, and one going to the throttle body. The pcv is in the one going to the manifold. See how the hose is skinny coming off the manifold and then gets fat? The pcv is in the fat part....the hose comes apart so you can take the valve out. Look at the pic to see what i'm talking about.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

you're right. i was thinking of the elbows that connect to the valve covers. it's hiding behind the black braided covering for the EGR tube.

Thread Information