Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    2000 WS6

Where do these hoses go to?

Bought the car last week and deep cleaned the throttle body today since it was nasty. When I took it off there are 2 hose fittings on the bottom of the throttle body and one on the very front of the intake facing the passengers side. They are completely disconnected. Where do these go to? the previous owner just shoved a bolt in them to stop the vacuum leak. I would like to correct this. The car has long tube headers and egr delete if that matters. 2000 ls1 ws6

thanks guys

Red
    99 Z28

Pics? And are the lines off the tb or off the intake? Maybe I am misreading what your asking

red
    2000 WS6

Dont really have a way to take a picture. There are 2 hoses fittings that are completely disconnected on the bottom of the actual throttle body. Then right behind the throttle body on the intake manifold, there is another hose fitting that is just capped with a bolt from the previous owner. The fitting on the manifold is facing the passenger's side of the engine bay

Red
    99 Z28

Are the hoses on the bottom of the tb joined together?

And do you still have your pcv?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Are you refering to these two hose fitting under the TB like seen on this pic?

If they are those the coolant lines. They are used to keep the TB warm in freezing temperatures. If you live in a state that doesn't have freezing temps then you should be okay. The previous owner did a bypass.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 10-20-2014 at 06:14 AM.

red
    2000 WS6

Yep that's them. I think I know exactly where they go now that I know they are for coolant. What about the one on the intake manifold just behind the throttle body? It faces the passenger side of vehicle.

Red
    99 Z28

That's where your pcv should be plugged into. I have mine capped because I deleted my pcv when I put my fast intake on and went to a breather on the valve cover

red
    2000 WS6

Well my passenger valve cover hose is currently going to that upper left fitting in the picture of the throttle body. What does that fitting do?

Red
    99 Z28

There should be a line coming from the back of the engine to the front with a black plastic "barrel" then from there should be going into the intake

red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    There should be a line coming from the back of the engine to the front with a black plastic "barrel" then from there should be going into the intake
    I see that on the drivers side of the engine but that line says it's fuel. What about the passenger side?

Red
    99 Z28

There is supposed to be one on passenger side for the PCV.

Red
    99 Z28

Type Ls1 pcv valve into Google images and you will see it

red
    2000 WS6

Yep def don't have that. So just hook up the passenger valve cover to the fitting on the intake?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

From the rear driver's side valve cover there is an elbow were a hose (or plastic tube)comes out off. This hose runs behind the intake. The hose will have a rubber "y". It then splits to a shorter line that goes the rear port coming out of the passenger side valve cover. The longer tube coming out of the "y" will have a capsule were the pcv valve inside (is kinda of rubber foam insulation). You might actually see the pcv valve. This longer tube connects to the front bottom port of the actual intake. The port is right behind the tb on the passenger side. The upper port of tb on the passenger side connects to the passenger side valve cover front port. Does that makes sense?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

If you are missing these hoses/tubes there is a sticky on the general help section that shows you how use a generic pcv valve.You can buy the hose from the auto parts and get a brass t or y from home depot to split it. You can get a new set up from gm but eventually the rubber y breaks from heat and oil.

I ended up upgrading to the later model valley cover that has the integrated pcv valve and added a catch can. But you have to invest more money on this.

red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    From the rear driver's side valve cover there is an elbow were a hose (or plastic tube)comes out off. This hose runs behind the intake. The hose will have a rubber "y". It then splits to a shorter line that goes the rear port coming out of the passenger side valve cover. The longer tube coming out of the "y" will have a capsule were the pcv valve inside (is kinda of rubber foam insulation). You might actually see the pcv valve. This longer tube connects to the front bottom port of the actual intake. The port is right behind the tb on the passenger side. The upper port of tb on the passenger side connects to the passenger side valve cover front port. Does that makes sense?
    Wow thanks for all that info. I'll get it sorted out. Seems like the previous owner just ditched a lot of this stuff for some reason. I'm just trying to start with a blank slate so I know where everything goes. I appreciate everyone's help

red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Are you refering to these two hose fitting under the TB like seen on this pic?
    Click for full size

If they are those the coolant lines. They are used to keep the TB warm in freezing temperatures. If you live in a state that doesn't have freezing temps then you should be okay. The previous owner did a bypass.

Do these tv coolant lines connect directly to the radiator? I just looked and it seems like one line should go from upper radiator to throttle body hose, then throttle body hose to a small metal coolant line that splits to each side of the engine. That seem right?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

The two lines on the bottom of the tb were coolant lines. Look up throttle body bypass. I did that to my ta to keep the coolant from heating up the throttle body.

Takes two freeze plus or vacuum caps and a 3/8 barb connector for the radiator lines. You should see two lines spliced at the front over the pulleys pretty easily.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SiskMan View Post
    Do these tv coolant lines connect directly to the radiator? I just looked and it seems like one line should go from upper radiator to throttle body hose, then throttle body hose to a small metal coolant line that splits to each side of the engine. That seem right?
    correct. If you don't live in freeze temperature areas you are fine. the previous owner did the by pass already. right now you should have a hose from the radiator cap area all the way to the coolant metal line that split in front of the engine.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

red
    2000 WS6

I live in south missouri and it does freeze a lot here coming up soon. Ill just split the hose and run it factory style. Thanks

Thread Information