White with gold flames
    2000, WS-6

What's wrong with my headlight?

I have a 2000 WS-6 and just recently the drivers side healight makes an awful grinding noise, like the gears are stripped. The lights rotate up and down just fine but when they shut the motor keeps going. Also, when my alarm activates, the headlights move up and down, which never happened before. On top of that, when when I turn my parking light on, the headlights pop up but don't turn on. I don't remember that happening before but then again, the cars been stored for the last few years. Someone please help before the sledge hammer comes out.

Jerry

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

use the search..it sounds like stripped headlight gear..if u have the money swap out the shitty stock gears for the brass ones.
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Yep, I'd agree that your gear is stripped. There's a free mod you can also do if you don't want to buy a new gear, takes maybe 10-15 mins and is not that hard. You can also find that with a search, there's been numerous threads about it because it happens to a lot of the birds. Wait awhile and you'll have to change the window motors also. Congratulations on being a proud owner of a Pontiac.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 99_natural_beauty View Post
    Yep, I'd agree that your gear is stripped. There's a free mod you can also do if you don't want to buy a new gear, takes maybe 10-15 mins and is not that hard. You can also find that with a search, there's been numerous threads about it because it happens to a lot of the birds. Wait awhile and you'll have to change the window motors also. Congratulations on being a proud owner of a Pontiac.
    ahh yes pontiac..cutting enough corners to make a circle...hmm i like that more then their current slogan.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

yeah its deff. the plastic gear that is stripped out, i just had to fix one of mine, however all i did was turn the gear 180 degrees and it works fine, or if you don't want to take it all apart you'll have to buy a new one

Thread Information