Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What should my next mods be?

This is a discussion on What should my next mods be? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 7camaro7 yup! by the way I did get those nittos installed. haven't given them the ole Lionel ...

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    yup! by the way I did get those nittos installed. haven't given them the ole Lionel break in yet. I did roast my old ones a little. hit my fquick page and then click on my videos link that is on the left
    Eeeeeek, drag radials installed with a stock rearend? That just makes me squirm. Thats a recipe for disaster in the making. Next modification and the first one I recommend for any 4th gen is a rearend. Even stock power levels will scatter that thing if you try.
    Do what you preffer,,,,9 inch or 12 bolt,,,check around at the different manufactures for bolt in applications and pick what you like. I personally use Strange and have been very happy with quality.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    I assume your manual with those 4.30. How do you like them? What kind of rpms @ 70mph? Thanks
    Love my 4.30's I am about 2150 rpm @75 mph in 6th gear with 275/35/18 wheels in the back.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Did you do a shifter yet? They make shifting much more fun. pro 5.0 gets my recommendation. Shocks too if you didn't do them yet.
    I've still got the stock hurst that came in it but I've made some changes to that. I've got the ws6store 6.5in stick which is very nice. I've also got the white hurst shift ball. It feels better in my hand. Otherwise I believe I'm happy with my shifter. I think its unnecessary to change any more than that on it as far as I know. the factory hurst shift stick has rubber bushings in it which can cause missed shifts but my ws6store one is all metal to metal and very firm. I haven't done shocks btw. I'm thinking of lowering my car so I'll probably do all that at the same time. my very next suspension mod will probably be a torque arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Eeeeeek, drag radials installed with a stock rearend? That just makes me squirm. Thats a recipe for disaster in the making. Next modification and the first one I recommend for any 4th gen is a rearend. Even stock power levels will scatter that thing if you try.
    Do what you preffer,,,,9 inch or 12 bolt,,,check around at the different manufactures for bolt in applications and pick what you like. I personally use Strange and have been very happy with quality.
    nope not drag radials... I've got the street version. I really do want a rear end too. I want a 12 bolt simply because I don't want ford parts on my car. Are they really hard to install?

basically to me it looks like I need to do some preventative mods for my future mods sounds good and I'll be saving money in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I've still got the stock hurst that came in it but I've made some changes to that. I've got the ws6store 6.5in stick which is very nice. I've also got the white hurst shift ball. It feels better in my hand. Otherwise I believe I'm happy with my shifter. I think its unnecessary to change any more than that on it as far as I know. the factory hurst shift stick has rubber bushings in it which can cause missed shifts but my ws6store one is all metal to metal and very firm. I haven't done shocks btw. I'm thinking of lowering my car so I'll probably do all that at the same time. my very next suspension mod will probably be a torque arm.

nope not drag radials... I've got the street version. I really do want a rear end too. I want a 12 bolt simply because I don't want ford parts on my car. Are they really hard to install?

basically to me it looks like I need to do some preventative mods for my future mods sounds good and I'll be saving money in the process.
    Okay I am clear now. I prefer the 12 bolt as well on my installs. I use Strange exclusively. I tried Moser in the past but they had housing issues and could never get a gearset quiet on the 12 bolts.

After switching to Strange I haven't had a noisy gearset yet. And I use Richmond gears as well. Actually if you talk to Strange they don't like a 9 inch for the 4th gens,,,,they believe there are issues with torque arms, since the 9 inch wasn't designed for that application,,,they don't believe welding TQ arm brackets on are a good solution for various reasons,,,,checking their website and giving them a call would be best, as they can go into great detail that I cannot do here.

That doesn't mean they don't work,,,many people use them in a torque arm application with success. It just depends on what you really want.
    But I can tell you if you want the 12 bolt the Strange housing is a better piece than the Moser. Hope that helps.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

thank homie

so does it matter if I get an adj. torque arm and install it now or later?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information