Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

What Should I Do Next?

ok so im trying to do anything i can to make my car to hit the high 12's(12.999) lol... fastest iv ran is 13.19 and it was fairly warm out...
    well i cant afford a stall or a cam yet so what else can help get me there?
    im planning on going out to the track 10/1/11... looking forward to cold weather
    every opinion would be great...

2000 Z28 A4 with Stock 3.23's, mods in Sig!

Thanks
    Last edited by My00Z28; 09-16-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    SLP lid w/K&N Filter, Free-Mods, LT-Headers, ORY-Pipe, V-Force Muffler, Frost Tune, AIR/EGR Delete, SFCs, Ported TB

My00Z28-----2000/Z28--------2.0331---8.4118 @ 86.83----12.9856 @ 107.15----NA------10/11

Blue
    2000 Camaro Z28

I see you have SFC's... have you done panhard bar and LCA's i dont know much about the v-force muffler,,, so maybe it flows great,, but maybe a cutout for the track?? those are 2 options that are cheap and may help a little....

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Ortiz11b View Post
    I see you have SFC's... have you done panhard bar and LCA's i dont know much about the v-force muffler,,, so maybe it flows great,, but maybe a cutout for the track?? those are 2 options that are cheap and may help a little....
    v-force is like a cheap flowmaster imo.... and you think a panhard bar and LCAs will really help that much?... iv been looking into full adjustable ones but am unsure if i need them yet?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

It's best to build your suspension up prior to building the engine. #1 weakness of our cars are the rear ends. Even under stock power they can break them. Spaz is on his 4th or 5th one.

I just did the PHB, LCA,'s and TA. Combine that with the SFC's, STB, and Hotchkis Springs my suspension is tight. All I need next is the sway bars.

One thing I'd recommend is ditching the K&N filter.

A stall will really help you at the track till you can get a 12 bolt.

What are your 60ft times? The suspension mods and practice will help lower them.

Blue
    2000 Camaro Z28

around here,, flowmaster is known as chokedmaster,,lol since it dosnt flow like a master,,,lol im getting rid of mine asap,,, it was already on my car,,, well my car has alot of miles and has stock suspension with wore out bushings,, and when i went from 2.73 to 3.42 gears i had wheel hop like crazy.... i have a built a4 with shift kit..,,, and when the hard 2nd shift hit ,,,id brake them loose,,, now with my lca's and parhard bar,,, it just a hard chirp in 2nd,,,, out of all the mods ive done,,, id say its the best,,,for the $$$...i went with founders performance this time... and the panhard bar,,,and lca's were 120 shipped to the house,,,, and im happy with them,,,

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    What are your 60ft times? The suspension mods and practice will help lower them.
    my 60 at best is 2.05...

Quote Originally Posted by Ortiz11b View Post
    around here,, flowmaster is known as chokedmaster,,lol since it dosnt flow like a master,,,lol im getting rid of mine asap,,, it was already on my car,,, well my car has alot of miles and has stock suspension with wore out bushings,, and when i went from 2.73 to 3.42 gears i had wheel hop like crazy.... i have a built a4 with shift kit..,,, and when the hard 2nd shift hit ,,,id brake them loose,,, now with my lca's and parhard bar,,, it just a hard chirp in 2nd,,,, out of all the mods ive done,,, id say its the best,,,for the $$$...i went with founders performance this time... and the panhard bar,,,and lca's were 120 shipped to the house,,,, and im happy with them,,,
    at the track i have no problems with hooking.... my BFG G-force sports 255/50/16's are amazing... here in lima ohio tho the roads are slick i can break them loose through second gear(ROADS SUCK HERE) on a good road i always chirp them into second but not at the track!!!

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

+1 on LCA's and PHB. Also consider a torque arm with relocation mount later on down the road. There's another member here selling a SSRA Big Mouth kit for a good price, this may or may not help but I would consider it if I were you. You could always yank the seats, speakers, and spare tire and jack out of the car.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Suspension is good for the hook up, but only as good as your ability to put it to the floor. You could look into a wider DR (275-295), but your now looking at spending some $$$$ and putting your rear end at a higher risk. You could try and find a set of 'drag strip only' rims and tires and change them there.

If you don't want to go tire, this is what I would do:
    1. LCA's
    2. Panhard
    3. Ported TB
    4. Smooth bellow

If those don't drop you down into the the high 12's, then:
    5. Torque arm (with relocation and DS safety loop, Didn't recommend this in the first part to try and save some $$$$)
    6. Sway bars (drag strip specific)

That will def. cover .2 of a second.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

I under stand some of the stuff if I was having traction issues but can't see it helping because I don't break loose at the track at all.... will this stuff help even if I don't have a traction problems? I know lighter wheels would help but wider tires would be a waste without a stall...

I also read that I wouldn't notice a bellow till I really start making power... and I was thinking about a ported TB would that drop my 60ft a good little bit?

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Rear LCAs, remove front sway bar, relocate battery to rear of car,weight reduction:remove/drain windshield washer reservoir, remove rear seats, front passenger seat, spare tire and jack, and any miscellaneous stuff you have laying around in you car, eat a light meal and... take a dump before you race..

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

what you guys think should i port/polish and bump stop mod my throttle body or should i buy one?

Thread Information