silver
    2000 Audi S4

what should I do?

I am planning the next mod to my car and am not sure what to do next. I need some advice. I am looking at either longtubes and off road y pipe, or a converter. I have a 2001 SS a4 and so far I have the free mods and a slp loudmouth. If I get the stall converter what speed should I go with as in the future I do plan on doing a cam as well. I was thinking in the 3200-3500 rpm range. Also if I do the converter will I need to get a tune? I do know that I will need a good tranny cooler as well. Help I need some advice?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I would go with the idea of longtubes and ory unless emissions limits you too cats. As far as needing a tune for a tc i would wait and do the cam and tc swap at the same time and also get it tuned once instailed. Otherwise you will be getting tune after toon. Keep in mind if you get lt and ory you will need 02 sims, or you can have them tuned out later. In the mean time your check engine light would be on.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

This is all just opinion and really you can't go wrong with either set of mods. I personally would do the convertor first. Did I do it that way? Nope. I went headers, ory, !cats, and then stall. Hindsight 20/20 I should've done the stall first. It really wakes up an a4 car. I got a 3500 fuddle stall and highly recommend Fuddle regardless of what stall speed you want. A cooler is mandatory for a stall. If you're looking to do a cam at some point I wouldn't even look at stalls less than 3500. You'll wish you would've went bigger. My 3500 is very streetable and I have zero complaints about it. Might want to look at some drag radials with the stall too.

What I did that I recommend is before doing anything to buy some tuning software. I know it seems like a lot of money to spend without much gains but it pays for itself in the long run. If you're like me coming up with mod money is a bitch and I'm forced to do a little at a time. If I paid to have the tuning done I would've already spent way more than I paid for the software. I split an edit cable ( before hptuners had anything for the 98's) with a buddy and saved a buttload of money. After you get tuning stuff then you can look at any mods you want because the tuning part of it is a non-issue. Just my opinion.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

a converter will give you a way bigger bump in performance.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Thread Information