Voters
343. You may not vote on this poll
  • 99 FRC Corvette

176 51.31%
  • 01 SS Camaro

167 48.69%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

What should I do... 01 SS or 99 Vette?

This is a discussion on What should I do... 01 SS or 99 Vette? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ss...

Black
    1998 WS6

Ss

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

I own a 98 Corvette and 4 Camaros. The Corvette is like night and day differance I don't even see why people are trying to compare them.

And trust me the vettes more of a chick magnet.

The true thing that should be put into consideration is if you want to be called a vette owner. 99% of vette owners are classified as stuck up a$$h*les.

Silver
    '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01
    Alot of women I know like a WS6 or SS better, they are rarer to see on the road then a fucking base model vette. I see at least 8 vettes a day compared to 1 or 2 sightings of a WS6 or SS a week. In fact I am averageing about 1 SS a month, and about 1 WS6 a week. Plus forget the women part, you don't want a bitch that just cares, or likes you for your car. Or you can scrap the hole idea and save for a Z06 old or new
    This is true!! Remember, the C5 looks dated and crusty now. The Fbodies will never look dated, especially a ws6 or ss, because they don't make them anymore. I had a C6 for about 6 months and had to get rid of it to buy my new house. I later was in the same boat and decided if I can't have the C6, I didn't want a Vette period!!!! I am now happy as hell with my Ws6.. By the way, my wife loves driving my WS6 more than my old C6.. Not that it matters, but wtf!!!!!

Hark_Z
    I forget where I heard this from but...

"f-bodies, can't live with them, can't live without them!!"

edit: The live with them implies the various problems...

F-bodies are timeless..

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by Honboy1
    This is true!! Remember, the C5 looks dated and crusty now. The Fbodies will never look dated, especially a ws6 or ss, because they don't make them anymore. I had a C6 for about 6 months and had to get rid of it to buy my new house. I later was in the same boat and decided if I can't have the C6, I didn't want a Vette period!!!! I am now happy as hell with my Ws6.. By the way, my wife loves driving my WS6 more than my old C6.. Not that it matters, but wtf!!!!!
    I was just reading about a possible unveilling of the new Camaro in January-once thats been out for a while lets see if the 02 doesnt look "crusty".I hope not--I love mine to death.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

get the SS its faster then the vette....

Plus the money you will save between the initial purchase will allows for some nice mods!

madhouse
    just wandering, and i can't say i know the right answer, but at 19 and going to school, the car payment on 20,000 is doable, insurance okay, but i always thought when i looked at a car that considering what punishment it will take (college parties + alcohol and or the occasional 'let me show u what i can do') what is the cost of repairs, mechanical or cosmetic. shit happens and it's not so cool to tell people about how fast or how clean or how well it can handle if your shits broke. imo

NBM
    98 Z

um....if your car gets fugged up at college by anything but an act of vandalism, then you need to be slapped hard, several times.

That said,

A vette will cost more to fix. I hit a piece of road debris in the C5 that cracked the nose, broke a turn signal, and destroyed a foglight. total repair bill? $1400.

I hit a tree (long story, I was young and RETARDED) in a previous camaro that tore the nose, broke a turn signal, and destroyed a foglight. total repair bill? $800.

gogo4
    Got my 01' Midnight Blue Vette at age 22.
    Had more ass with that baby then your average toilet seat at mcdnlds.
    I swear chicks give me their #'s without even asking for it... now you go figgure.
    As far as quality... both american cars v8 power. I know i can outsteer an ws6 or camaro on the track eyes closed.
    I understand we are proud of our cars but realisticly speaking stock for stock.

Here is the shitty part.
    Anyone owning a corvette you know your aftermarket parts are priced 4x higher then an averege car.

LT Headers will run ya about $300-700 bucks for any other car...
    Well its about 1400-1700 for a vette.
    Mods will murder you financially if you are into that.
    My intake cost $350
    Intake for my buddies mustang. $50 bucks

You go figgure...

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01
    Get the SS, its faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7
    get the SS its faster then the vette....

You guys are funny....amost thought you were serious for second to believe a lightweight FRC would be slower than a LS1 SS.

This shouldnt even be an issue.....get the FRC Vette.
    Last edited by DocEwww; 12-29-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    07' Trailblazer SS AWD 3SS - Imperial Blue
    05' GTO - Midnight Blue Metallic
    99' Trans Am WS.6 - Nighthawk Black Pearl w/ flames

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Ill stick to my TA. I enjoy the look on the faces of unsuspecting corvette owners when a POS Trans Am puts a few cars on them right infront of their girlfriends.

gogo4
    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    Ill stick to my TA. I enjoy the look on the faces of unsuspecting corvette owners when a POS Trans Am puts a few cars on them right infront of their girlfriends.
    Funny...I do the same to little trans ams in my vette ... Want to race ?

Member since 2001

Green, White
    Vette is the best all around out of both..Speed is silmilar

I have owned 5 F-bodies(including WS-6 and SS) and currently own a 99 Vette with 18k miles. I paid more for a 6 month old 98 WS-6 than for my Vette. I can say unequivocally that the Vette is more fun to drive than any of the F-bodies I had. It is bone stock right now, but will not stay that way. My wife basically refused to ride in my F-bodies due to poor interior floor ergonomics. The first thing she said about the Vette is that is was surprisingly comfortable for her. One final observation, the majority of people consider F-bodies to be high school cars, while Vettes are owned by adults. With that being said, buy what you like and can afford. Both cars are powered by a beautiful piece of engineering - the LSX family of engines.

orange
    99 z28

Sorry guys, but this thread seems a little bs. vettes are better than camaros (based on NUMBERS, and prestige for that matter). Yes I own a camaro, but I'm not so full of myself that I can't admit the corvette is better for performance...by far. Why is everyone arguing mute points. try saying the camaro is better looking or better for drag racing. not its just better because i own it and thats that. Forums used to be fun friendly places where cool people could bs and just have fun. please help make it that way again. I honestly can not find any info out on the maro because every search I do comes up with a million posts about how much better the camaro is than the mustang or how people with camaros are hung well. c'mon! loosen up. camaros aren't that great, just the best for the money in my opinion(hear that, OPINION, everyones is defferent, don't start crap over it). Sorry, its just that every time I read some threads all drunk I get really angry about all the bs and no real information

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

corvettes are great cars, as are f-bodies......as far as handling goes, no of that really matters at the redlight.......vette owners must hate losing to f-bodies....ive had a vette owner back in 98 with a new c5....give me a little throttle....i was then in a mustang lots of mods....tell me i was just messing with you....im scared

red
    98 camaro z28 m6

if i had the choice it would be the vette.

but im 19 as well and i have friends, the camaro has that more of a muscle car fealing, so ive herd. you cant beat the looks of eather.

but if it comes to d/d ide go w/ the camaro, its still just as fast, good handeling, more trunk space, 2 extra seats.

ide pick the F-body

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by gogo4
    Funny...I do the same to little trans ams in my vette ... Want to race ?
    Sure when I return from korea in a year

I hope you have more than just boltons.

Im gana build the motor for a supercharger(head work/cam/fuel system/lots of suspension (spohn race suspension)/12 bolt/built tranny).. My goal is to run 12-15lbs and to get somewhere in the 650-750 hp range. Still wana race?

I was talking about my previous TA which had boltons and was running high 11's. If you feel running a stock ta will make you feel better about your superior overpriced corvette then lets go..

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

One thing I've noticed is whenever I'm on the highway and I see a corvette(well almost all the time) it's being driven right at 60 mph or whatever the speed limit is.Now a corvette guy is going to have to explain this-I can't.I'm talking about the traffic is flowing along faster than 60 most of the times and I'm always doing 70 or better if the traffic allows it and I'll pass this corvette being driven at 60.I'm thinking the guy is terrified of getting a ticket or something-like I said I don't get it-just something I've noticed.I realize the car is capable of doing much faster-that's not what I'm talking about-any Corvette guys want to explain this -I've seen this more times than I can count so I'm not exaggerating this.

orange
    99 z28

i see the same thing all the time. i really don't know any corvette owners that i respect, they think they're driving a precious moments doll. according to the local speed shop covette owners aren't even worth doing buss. with as they're cheap as hell and won't fix serious problems just to save $$. so my vote is on the corvette. give the reputation back to a badass car! drive it like it meant to be driven!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information