Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

What re our cars really worth???

I am curious I have been looking at upgrading my baby it has 106000 miles and works like a new car but last year I saw cars for sale at 20 grand more or less a few grand and they are still for sale so.... I know my question is vague a bit but Do they really sell for 20 grand for

example a 2002 WS6 A4 32000Miles for 23 grand

I can buy a Corvette for that same price point and the car was worth almost twice as much.

In Canada and the US it seems to be consistently the same then once in a while I see one at 13 or 14 grand and then they sell so what should I expect to pay for a good car

2000 to 2002 leather T Top WS6 or Firehawk A4 now that I drive an A4 I wouldn't want it any other way under 60 000miles never in any accidents and if modded only bolt on no spray..... What are they really going for ???? I did the basic mods SLP lid Cat back so the difference for a WS6 would be the hood and the Bilstein shocks???? about $15000 Am I right there?

Thanks

I priced mine according to what I see but the question is, is it worth that much Canadian Retail on mine I think is $8350 to $9350 is that fair 1999 TA not WS6 loaded with 106000 miles
    Last edited by Durango; 10-29-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have a 1999 with 46K miles.
    I figure IF I found the right buyer.....$17-18K

Stock....probably no more than $13K. Which honestly isn't too bad seeing as how I put 36K miles on it over 8 years.....and bought it for $21K.

Bottom line...to most modifications will add nothing. Some even think they lower the value (myself included).

White
    1998 Trans Am

A lot of it depends on where you live, like if people are into those cats you may get more money especially if there aren't many around. Here in TX there a dime a dozen my friend sold his 00 Z28 with 33k for $10k since you can get a C5 Vette at that time for mid teens. I have seen TA's, Z28's,SS's , and WS6's with around 100 to 130k miles priced from $5k to $9k. Mostly depends on the condition of the car and if you find the right buyer. I have been looking for a Z28 or SS 6spd for.a.daily driver since I have a A4 TA with bolt ons and it's getting a cam and stall so it will be a toy. I don't look at yrs to me 98 or 02 makes no difference but condition and miles are what I look at 1st.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

What you put into them and what you get out is 2 differnt things.. Mods = what someone is willing to pay = usually not much.. The vehicle will retain the most value in stock form.. Cars loose 1/2-1/3 of their value in the first year you own it.. Now add 10 years and a 100k miles to that, and take into account 3rd person ownership also devalues a vehicle.. = not worth much. EVEN with the legondary ls1.

Bottom line is they just don't hold the value WE place on them.. They can't...
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-29-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Black

Nice Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    A lot of it depends on where you live, like if people are into those cats you may get more money especially if there aren't many around. Here in TX there a dime a dozen my friend sold his 00 Z28 with 33k for $10k since you can get a C5 Vette at that time for mid teens. I have seen TA's, Z28's,SS's , and WS6's with around 100 to 130k miles priced from $5k to $9k. Mostly depends on the condition of the car and if you find the right buyer. I have been looking for a Z28 or SS 6spd for.a.daily driver since I have a A4 TA with bolt ons and it's getting a cam and stall so it will be a toy. I don't look at yrs to me 98 or 02 makes no difference but condition and miles are what I look at 1st.
    Nice car I would love to keep my TA and just mod it but can't do both :-)

Black

Hummm Tuff call

I know I am emotionnally attached to my car so it's worth a lot to me. I am one of these guys that buy a car and 4 years later it looks better than when I bought it so I understand that. I agree with the above statement that the shape and miles is the most important I think I just wanted 2000 because of the difference in power correct me if I'm wrong but the 2000 to 2002 has more HP right?

Anyway thanks a lot I am trying to sell my baby and would love a WS6 A4 with low miles no matter what the year I have a 6 year old and would love for him to drive my TA in 10 years with me sitting beside him of course. I put 5 to 8000 miles a year and my baby has 106 000miles so I'm sure it won't last.

I was leaning toward a Firehawk but now the big nostrels on the WS6 is quite attractive. I really love these cars and after 4 years I want another one the last of the real muscle cars I would be willing to pay 13k for a good car even a little more but my ride needs to go If I could find one for 13k I would sell mine for 8k but right now I have 10999 on it so it's not selling probably time of year and a little over price anyone for a trade ??????????????

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I know I am emotionnally attached to my car so it's worth a lot to me. I am one of these guys that buy a car and 4 years later it looks better than when I bought it so I understand that. I agree with the above statement that the shape and miles is the most important I think I just wanted 2000 because of the difference in power correct me if I'm wrong but the 2000 to 2002 has more HP right?

Anyway thanks a lot I am trying to sell my baby and would love a WS6 A4 with low miles no matter what the year I have a 6 year old and would love for him to drive my TA in 10 years with me sitting beside him of course. I put 5 to 8000 miles a year and my baby has 106 000miles so I'm sure it won't last.

I was leaning toward a Firehawk but now the big nostrels on the WS6 is quite attractive. I really love these cars and after 4 years I want another one the last of the real muscle cars I would be willing to pay 13k for a good car even a little more but my ride needs to go If I could find one for 13k I would sell mine for 8k but right now I have 10999 on it so it's not selling probably time of year and a little over price anyone for a trade ??????????????
    Same here, took the wifey to the hospital in the 01 when our first was born.. I have other cars but chose that one for obvious reasons She will be reborn before she will ever leave my driveway.. Prolly never leave it actually.. I'm an older guy so hangin' on to somethings till I die is a given..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-30-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Why not put that 5k into your current car? and make it better than a WS6?

Answer this question...whats a WS6? 32/21 sway bars 17' rims and a Ram Air hood.

Easily replicated or beaten for a lot less,you already have the same car,get on the phone or the net and get the UPS guy working

I know I am emotionnally attached to my car so it's worth a lot to me. I am one of these guys that buy a car and 4 years later it looks better than when I bought it so I understand that.

I can understand that, I'm the same way. I have 80,000 mile cars here that look better than alot of the 40,000 mile cars I've seen. But it's hard to put a price on something like that, it takes the right buyer.

Some people put more emphasis on having an SS or WS6 over a Z28 or TransAm. To others it really doesn't matter as long as they get an LS powered car.
    From a value standpoint, I think the individual has to ask themselves what they plan to do with the car as far as modifying, what they want out of the car or what their intended uses are, etc...and then buy what best suits their needs.

I have also seen prices all over the place. Everyone has their own idea of what a particular car should be worth. It's the classic battle of the owner wanting all they can get, and the buyer wanting something as cheap as they can possibly get it. Some carry it too far on both ends.

Right now isn't a great time to be selling anything, especially 10 year old cars that haven't caught on in the collector market. But if a Firehawk is what you really desire, go for it. To find the right one in my experience, it requires traveling and willing to go the distance to get it. They are out there.

Black

Swwwweeeeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Same here, took the wifey to the hospital in the 01 when our first was born.. I have other cars but chose that one for obvious reasons She will be reborn before she will ever leave my driveway.. Prolly never leave it actually.. I'm an older guy so hangin' on to somethings till I die is a given..
    I think you go further than me :-) Love that engine ptc anymore pics I can enjoy?

Black

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I can understand that, I'm the same way. I have 80,000 mile cars here that look better than alot of the 40,000 mile cars I've seen. But it's hard to put a price on something like that, it takes the right buyer.

Some people put more emphasis on having an SS or WS6 over a Z28 or TransAm. To others it really doesn't matter as long as they get an LS powered car.
    From a value standpoint, I think the individual has to ask themselves what they plan to do with the car as far as modifying, what they want out of the car or what their intended uses are, etc...and then buy what best suits their needs.

I have also seen prices all over the place. Everyone has their own idea of what a particular car should be worth. It's the classic battle of the owner wanting all they can get, and the buyer wanting something as cheap as they can possibly get it. Some carry it too far on both ends.

Right now isn't a great time to be selling anything, especially 10 year old cars that haven't caught on in the collector market. But if a Firehawk is what you really desire, go for it. To find the right one in my experience, it requires traveling and willing to go the distance to get it. They are out there.
    I agree with you there and travelling is a non issue but I want the right car I do like the Firehawk but the more I look at the WS6 the more I like it so I think it's a draw there If my car doesn't sell I'll keep it and for mods well 3200 TCI stall exhaust and intake would me it bolt on only plus a tune but nothing crazy I own a new truck but don't drive it in the summer unless it rains so my car is out 7 months out of the year :-)

Black

Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    Why not put that 5k into your current car? and make it better than a WS6?

Answer this question...whats a WS6? 32/21 sway bars 17' rims and a Ram Air hood.

Easily replicated or beaten for a lot less,you already have the same car,get on the phone or the net and get the UPS guy working
    I've been thinking of that but the 106000 miles makes me nervous in the long run I put in 2 grand and I still have the same mileage but I might just do that you know

I can understand that. I'm not a big fan of modifying a car with alot of mileage either. Plenty of success stories, but it's just not my thing.

Plenty of inexpensive crate motors out there to start fresh on though. It's much cheaper to repair and fix an old car than it is to go out and buy a new one.
    We drive ours daily, and when the time comes, I'll go the crate motor route, refresh anything else that needs it, and drive it some more

Black

I found a Firehawk with low low miles automatic and I really think it's what I want. It's a lot of money but 13000 miles is low I have to check further into it I put a maximum of 10 000 miles a year probably closer to 8k but we will see If mine doesn't sell I will just mod the heck out of it and when it blows up buy a crate engien :-o)

NBM
    1999 TA A4

I've been thinking of that but the 106000 miles makes me nervous in the long run I put in 2 grand and I still have the same mileage but I might just do that you know

My car had 120,000 when I bought it about 6 weeks ago for $6,000.

New brakes front and rear,battery(free under warranty) fuel filter,Mobil 1 oil and a SLP Lid with BW filter is the only thing I have done to her.

I bought it to mod and race.

I have already been to the track 3 times with her.

I just bought headers,catback,sfc's,rlca's phb.

106,000 isn't much on one of these cars.

black
    1995 chevy truck

Cool priceless

My truck is priceless no amount of money will buy it.
    But I have 13k under the hood ls1 and 6 speed trans ehaxst and every thing to put it in.
    And the blue book on a stock truck like mine is $5,500.
    That just shows u how much u can put in something in no time at all

Black

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    My car had 120,000 when I bought it about 6 weeks ago for $6,000.

New brakes front and rear,battery(free under warranty) fuel filter,Mobil 1 oil and a SLP Lid with BW filter is the only thing I have done to her.

I bought it to mod and race.

I have already been to the track 3 times with her.

I just bought headers,catback,sfc's,rlca's phb.

106,000 isn't much on one of these cars.
    Good price is it mint condition, average or fair leather t top etc....

Black

Thanks again

I think the reason I'm thinking of changing cars is 2 things I want it for a long time and I had an accident so I can't do any of the work plus my buddy hadf major issues with his Camaro at 140 000miles I mean tranny rear end and motor starting to get weak so I'd rather get a new car but like I say I'm not made of money so mine needs to go but I'd rather put extra money in a new car than trying to fix stuff when it breaks I guess

Black

My point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Thevirus13 View Post
    My truck is priceless no amount of money will buy it.
    But I have 13k under the hood ls1 and 6 speed trans ehaxst and every thing to put it in.
    And the blue book on a stock truck like mine is $5,500.
    That just shows u how much u can put in something in no time at all
    Thanks for all the responses

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Good price is it mint condition, average or fair leather t top etc....
    Loaded, Leather, T's Good condition probably a 7-7.5 overall when I bought it.

Body was a 7 when I got it, I buffed it,waxed it and removed the moldings and now it looks 8-8.5.

Interior is a 9 no door panel cracks,the bolster on the seat is perfect not even a wear mark, no dash cracks.

Mechanically its a 9. Just a couple squeeks that should get better with the SFC's

I ran a 13.37 at 106 even on street tires with rear seat delete,spare delete,1/2 tank of 91 octane with just a SLP Lid and Blackwing filter.

I got a great deal on it and am very happy with it.

Thread Information