Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

what mod to do next

I bought my car a year ago and it came w/ a k&n filter and 3in adjustable borla catback. i have put the slp flowpac,eibach lowing prokit,tb bypass,
    180 deg stat,ngk tr55's w/ taylor wires, ebc green stuff pads (front),and zo6 replica wheels. what mod would be a good performance mod for the money been thinking about the weiand street warrior intake w/ 85mm throttle body.
    what you guys and gals think?

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

I would personally pass on the weiand intake and TB and look into a set of longtube headers and Y pipe. then maybe do a ls6 or the weiand intake...

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    I would personally pass on the weiand intake and TB and look into a set of longtube headers and Y pipe. then maybe do a ls6 or the weiand intake...
    i thought about that to but my factory ypipe scapes my driveway so i have a feeling its gana be a bitch to get out of my driveway

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Yep I would go long tubes and ORY

that stock Y sucks balls

My buddy had a steep drive way to and he had to devise a way to get in and out of it

it was funny to watch LOL

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I would do headers and ory. make ramps or some other way to get in the driveway.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Headers, rockers and valve springs. Stock intake flows enough to handle basic stuff like that already.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

^^His car is a 99, so he would benefit from adding an LS6 intake.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

At minimum headers. If you only had the money for a cam or manifold after that get the cam, the ls-6 only starts to outshine the ls-1 after 3500 and it isn't much, but the manifold will make a difference after a cam.
    Yeah and you'll find a way out of your driveway

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

dose anybody have hooker headers looking at either them or kooks if i do it but was woundering what the advantage would be if i had kooks over hooker,and also the diffrences i would notice in primary sizes

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    dose anybody have hooker headers looking at either them or kooks if i do it but was woundering what the advantage would be if i had kooks over hooker,and also the diffrences i would notice in primary sizes
    Price is the difference. From pacesetters on up they all fit about the same. As far as stock cubes are considered 1 3/4" primary and 3'' at the collector.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Price is the difference. From pacesetters on up they all fit about the same. As far as stock cubes are considered 1 3/4" primary and 3'' at the collector.
    do you think there would be a big difference between the hooker comp and super comp headers i know that the super comp has equal length primary tubes but its a street car ive had it a year and havent even put 3000 miles on it yet

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I'd go with a 1 7/8" primary. Kooks if you can afford them, or TSP if you can't. Even on a stock motor the 1 7/8" make a noticeable difference (15hp and about 2ftpds on average lost I think according to TSPs dyno results)

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I'd go with a 1 7/8" primary. Kooks if you can afford them, or TSP if you can't. Even on a stock motor the 1 7/8" make a noticeable difference (15hp and about 2ftpds on average lost I think according to TSPs dyno results)
    He's on stock cubes 1 7/8ths is overkill. Besides the money could be better spent on a cam(if he had the money). The power difference is so minimal you would need bigger cubes and the exhaust to regain your lost torque.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    do you think there would be a big difference between the hooker comp and super comp headers i know that the super comp has equal length primary tubes but its a street car ive had it a year and havent even put 3000 miles on it yet
    I would ask yourself the ultimate goal. I would get the cheaper of the ceramic coated and call it a day, you still need to buy o2 extensions and a y-pipe or duals(hint) You can find some nice deals actually on ls1tech for some used ones.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I would ask yourself the ultimate goal. I would get the cheaper of the ceramic coated and call it a day, you still need to buy o2 extensions and a y-pipe or duals(hint) You can find some nice deals actually on ls1tech for some used ones.
    duals are for women. unless your one of those guys who likes two pipes. in that case, i dont even want to know.......

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

He's on stock cubes 1 7/8ths is overkill. Besides the money could be better spent on a cam(if he had the money). The power difference is so minimal you would need bigger cubes and the exhaust to regain your lost torque.
    Well you clearly don't know what your talking about. Its a PROVEN fact that on a STOCK motor. Yes, BONE stock motor, the 1 7/8ths headers proved to make roughly 15hp MORE than a 1 3/4" header with only a COUPLE foot pounds of torque lost. I repeat, a COUPLE, as in 2 foot pounds of torque. Not even noticable...

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Well you clearly don't know what your talking about. Its a PROVEN fact that on a STOCK motor. Yes, BONE stock motor, the 1 7/8ths headers proved to make roughly 15hp MORE than a 1 3/4" header with only a COUPLE foot pounds of torque lost. I repeat, a COUPLE, as in 2 foot pounds of torque. Not even noticable...
    you gots prof homie?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    you gots prof homie?
    I want proof too, I am highly doubting 15 hp and 2 ft-lbs loss with that minimal of size gain. I run hookers, and have no scraping issues or banging issues in the last 5 years of ownership. Only scraping I have gotten is my old true duals. 1 3/4 for my hookers. I highly recommend them.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

i found this, but they tested pace setters and then their own so who knows if the results were biased. i would like to find an outside source that did the testing

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...o-results.html

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

There ya go...I saw another comparo somewhere where the numbers where a little different, but still. Even on a stock motor its obvious the 1 7/8ths make more power. At least the TSP vs. Pacesetters do, but regardless.

Thread Information