Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

what mod to do next

This is a discussion on what mod to do next within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by squee There ya go...I saw another comparo somewhere where the numbers where a little different, but still. ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    There ya go...I saw another comparo somewhere where the numbers where a little different, but still. Even on a stock motor its obvious the 1 7/8ths make more power. At least the TSP vs. Pacesetters do, but regardless.
    thats still not good proof. its like the royal purple thing, untill that test is done by a outside source it wont really be known. they also need to use the same brand. do you have any proof like that? that is what i was asking. only cuz you said it was PROVEN, you should be able to back that kind of statement up.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Not buying it, motor is bone stock except for a fast intake......THEN THE MOTOR ISN'T STOCK!!!! Plus the numbers seem extremely high for a intake/header motor even on the engine dyno. No doubt the 1 7/8 will win with large cubes or H/C but stock for stock I just don't see it. Motor doesn't need to breath that much.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

While I dont believe in the 15 hp OVER the 1 3/4... I would go with 1 7/8. Just because. This is strictly my opinion. If/when you go larger cubes, you have the 1 17/8. If/when you go Heads/cam/intake, you have the 1 7/8's. I have zero proof of anything, but I dont want any. Everyone has thier preference in what they think makes power and where, rarely does anyone actually have some solid proof of anything when comparing to of the alike modifications. I like my Kooks 1 7/8 on my 364ci. I wouldnt want 1 3/4. Thats just me.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    While I dont believe in the 15 hp OVER the 1 3/4... I would go with 1 7/8. Just because. This is strictly my opinion. If/when you go larger cubes, you have the 1 17/8. If/when you go Heads/cam/intake, you have the 1 7/8's. I have zero proof of anything, but I dont want any. Everyone has thier preference in what they think makes power and where, rarely does anyone actually have some solid proof of anything when comparing to of the alike modifications. I like my Kooks 1 7/8 on my 364ci. I wouldnt want 1 3/4. Thats just me.
    i hate my SLP headers and cant wait to get a set of kooks. of course that will be after i pay my stroker off and buy a 9" hopefully soon

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

ill might just get the hooker comp 13/4 ceramic and non ceramic y pipe and have frost tune it dose any one think that would be the best bang for the buck and get an intake later

White; Navy Blue Metallic
    '01 SS Vert.;'02 RS Coupe

I have been told by speed shops you are loosing low-end torque with the 1 7/8 over the 1 3/4 -- for me, the SS is mainly for street, so I care about the low-end.

What is meant by "cubes"?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by libertyforall1776 View Post
    I have been told by speed shops you are loosing low-end torque with the 1 7/8 over the 1 3/4 -- for me, the SS is mainly for street, so I care about the low-end.

What is meant by "cubes"?
    Cubic inch's. CI. Cubes.

You have been told the truth. How much is the question. You might lose a tad of Low End TQ. But generally speaking, with ALL modifications.... when you lose something in one area, you gain it in another. Meaning, you lose some low end TQ, you gain some high end HP.

SFC's FTW!

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Cubic inch's. CI. Cubes.

You have been told the truth. How much is the question. You might lose a tad of Low End TQ. But generally speaking, with ALL modifications.... when you lose something in one area, you gain it in another. Meaning, you lose some low end TQ, you gain some high end HP.
    so dose that meam 1 3/4 gives you more hp and 1 7/8 gives you more tq
    im stumped on what size to get

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    so dose that meam 1 3/4 gives you more hp and 1 7/8 gives you more tq
    im stumped on what size to get
    You'll usually pick up more HP than you'll lose with torque with the 1 7/8s.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    You'll usually pick up more HP than you'll lose with torque with the 1 7/8s.
    so your saying ill lose a little tq w/ 1 7/8 but gain high rpm hp?
    dose it make a huge difference between the primaries if there equal length or not?

I think I would take torque over HP -- torque is the fun part... ;-)

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

OK heres the deal with the 1 7/8 vs 1 3/4, both are good, ok we have that established, now on a stock motor, there is not going to be hardly any differnce in power, both are going to do fine and perform well, in stock form you may see a couple ponies more....

But heres where the differnce comes in, every other mod you do helps the efficiency of the headers, the 3/4s will shine by say 2 extra ponies than they were good for originally, yet the 7/8s will shine by 3/4 extra... so the more you add, the more and more the 7/8 will shine and add thats why by the time you get to Forced induction, high levels of N2O or strokers the 7/8s are by far the clear choice, so the way i look at it, why not give your engine every little chance to produce more power...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

BTW i suggest the Driver Mod...

The what?

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    BTW i suggest the Driver Mod...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Driver Mod

Nice explanation -- which means?

Driver Mod

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Mod the driver....

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

How much are TSP 1 7/8 headers compared to Pacesetters.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Talking

Mod the driver....
    thats funny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information