Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At what miles do you guys start gettin problems?

This is a discussion on At what miles do you guys start gettin problems? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; pinion seal was leaking when I got it at 13k, battery (warranty covered) dont remember miles was 6 years ago, ...

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

pinion seal was leaking when I got it at 13k, battery (warranty covered) dont remember miles was 6 years ago, Cats (warranty covered) 6 years ago also so those were both under 60k. Window seals leak a little at about 120k. Having cold start (40 degrees or lower)problems at around 140k miles (turn key no guages light up headlights nor radio come on key will turn engine will turn over though just wont start). Valvbody starting to stick as of about 140k as well but that I blame on myself as I manually shift alot. No piston slap, nothing else that I can think of.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

had mine since 48k second owner. only repair has been a driver side window motor ....it has 63k now

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Bought my 99 WS6 brand new, hell I drove it from the train yard in Nashville to Beamon Pontiac. (Long story ordered car dealer promised it would be there on a certain date blah blah blah no car. tracked it to the rail head where most cars come into dealerships in Nashville) Lets see, replaced both power window motors twice, rack and pinion at 67k, leaking coolant line and rack and pinion again at 73k, both headlight gears (brass) at 84k, both door panels cracked, egr at 93k, water pump at 95k, new plugs at 99k, cracked turn signal lenses, power antenna, monsoon stereo, pinion seal, all bearings on the rear end. I've got 115k on it now and its going strong

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Drivers window motor at about 30k.
    Cracked drivers top of the door trim at about 38k.
    Everything else was normal maintenance or mods.

Just did the drivers window motor again last week at about 45k. Last one was a AC Delco, this time went with the cheap Auto zone doorman one.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

how did you crack the top of your door panel I've been looking for an ls1 vert for a while and I've come across taht a few times... any way to avoid it?

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

I've read other forum members say that one way the crack occurs is by constantly closing the door by your window. Instead of pushing the door forward, you push the window. I believe other members have mentioned changes in temperature if you live up north.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by REDHEATWS6 View Post
    I've read other forum members say that one way the crack occurs is by constantly closing the door by your window. Instead of pushing the door forward, you push the window. I believe other members have mentioned changes in temperature if you live up north.
    I believe the temperature thing is correct. My car has cracks on both sides in the same exact location. The other weird thing is that i have scratches all along the window from the crack heading upwards.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I think the crack is related to how tight the window is in the track. Ive adjusted mine to where theres little to no wind noise (up to 90 mph) but Im pretty sure if it was looser in there it wouldnt crack. My twin brother has a 99 trans am with no cracks and his is loose but the weather strip is still new so it still seals. Just my observation with 3 f bodies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information