Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What kind of MPG does your F bod get?

This is a discussion on What kind of MPG does your F bod get? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by sjsingle1 i did try sarges 2 stroke oil add to the gas.......seems i got a extra 3 ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    i did try sarges 2 stroke oil add to the gas.......seems i got a extra 3 MPG on a long trip recently........but i still want more........any suggestions?
    Buy a 4 cylinder

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I get about 18.5 MPG but im doing another full tank test and see what happens. This is mostly city about 90% of driving.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Buy a 4 cylinder

silver
    2000 formula

4 cyl???.......i remember the when the 1st batch of 3rd gens came out......you could get the iron duke 4 banger...........think that only lasted a yr tho

Red
    98 Trans Am

I have no idea what my MPG is but tank wise i can get about 400+ on the highway. Ive even gone from full full to oh my god where the @#$ is a gas station in the middle of new mexico Highway wise these cars arnt not that bad, so as long as you havnt added some wild cam in there i suppose. WIth my headers alone, it seems my milage has increased, but what ever. my 98 EFI is WAY better than my 87 Carburated TA EVER was.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I get 18-22 average, with mixed driving. I've never gone all highway, but I am curious to see how it would do.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Buy a 4 cylinder
    Great minds think alike -- as soon as I read his post I thought, "Go buy a Prius."

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Great minds think alike -- as soon as I read his post I thought, "Go buy a Prius."
    now wheres the fun in that I wonder what a turbo prius would be like

2001 Camaro SS

wow guys! i honestly can't believe this! the mpgs seem so low. i guess i was driving my car like a grandma......or else i'm the only nerd that actually used to do one long mileage trip and actually calculate my mileage......anyways, i sold my SS a few years ago, but i used to travel to central california frequently from los angeles and back.....i averaged about 85mph and got a solid 29 mpg out of the car....every time.....i never calculated in town. it was a 6 speed manual. i did get a ticket for doing 125 mph+ one time, but i wasn't doing mile to the gallon calculations at that time. perhaps my good mpgs were due to no traffic being on the road and being able to keep it steady....but regardless, the car did it time after time.....never went slow and always had bugs on the windshield by the end of the trip. i love the LS1.....

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by gbluhm42 View Post
    wow guys! i honestly can't believe this! the mpgs seem so low. i guess i was driving my car like a grandma......or else i'm the only nerd that actually used to do one long mileage trip and actually calculate my mileage......anyways, i sold my SS a few years ago, but i used to travel to central california frequently from los angeles and back.....i averaged about 85mph and got a solid 29 mpg out of the car....every time.....i never calculated in town. it was a 6 speed manual. i did get a ticket for doing 125 mph+ one time, but i wasn't doing mile to the gallon calculations at that time. perhaps my good mpgs were due to no traffic being on the road and being able to keep it steady....but regardless, the car did it time after time.....never went slow and always had bugs on the windshield by the end of the trip. i love the LS1.....
    auto here but yeah, ive traveled from arizona to wisconsin and just resently traveled from Wisconsin to Georgia. Both these trips didt cost me taht much and cruizing at about 70-80mph the whole way, i probably can venture to say that ive probably seen 30mpg at one time or another. Highways our cars dont do that bad. so as long as the mods inside the motor arnt too wild. throw in a big cam and bigger injectors and what not (plus a heavy foot) and your gas milage is gonna drop.

silver
    2000 formula

< wonders why my MPG is so low......drives like grandma

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

I usually get anywhere from 18-22mpg Combined in the summer, I seem to be getting a little less in the winter.

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

When It was stock i pulled 31 out of it on the highway, now with cam and all that stuff I get about 26.

red
    00 z28 m6

since the heads and cam, in town sucks but on the hwy still about 23ish

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've seen as high as 30+ highway..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    '98 Z28

I'm about 80% highway, but with 70 mph speed limits, I'm usually going 85-90, so I get about 21-22 mpg on a fill up. Last week, I took it easy on the highway, down to about 80 mpg avg, and I got 24 mpg for the tank. M6 here.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

my best 400 mile trip took me 5 and an half hours including filling up again after 300 miles and taking a leak. i love the car on the highway. its the stop and go that kills it. (and for some reason i always get the urge to go wot when i merge on the highway i dont know why)
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information