Results 1 to 15 of 15

What is good RWHP for LS1?

This is a discussion on What is good RWHP for LS1? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I joined LS1 a while back when I bought my 2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt. The car only had 6000 ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member vonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

    What is good RWHP for LS1?

    I joined LS1 a while back when I bought my 2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt. The car only had 6000 miles when I bought it, and had alot of engine work done. Cam/Heads/Intake/Exhaust/Gears, Etc. I finally had a chance to put it on a Chassis Dyno, and it made 421 Horse/394 Torque at rear wheels. How high have you seen these motors get (just on the motor)? How much power is lost in the drivetrain? Thanks, Vonny

  2. #2
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Sounds good to me.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

  3. #3
    Member noxside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K3, Illinois
    Posts
    240

    Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by vonny View Post
    I finally had a chance to put it on a Chassis Dyno, and it made 421 Horse/394 Torque at rear wheels.
    Thats certainly nothing to snuff at!

  4. #4
    The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spring hill, TN
    Posts
    210

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

    Is it a M6 or A4 ? i know somebody posted the power lost through the drivetrain percent ethier on here or ls1tech. A4 is going to have more power lost for sure.

    M6 Cam Only
    Stock LS1 Motor (Stock LS1 Heads)
    TTP Equalizer V.2 Camshaft
    ASP UD Pulley
    10-Bolt 3.42s

    with just the above a tech sponser over at ls1tech dynoed 417hp and 399tq. Hopefully that helps you out

  5. #5
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Which heads/cam did you go with? Did you tune afterwards?
    Depending on which set up you went with and how conservative your tune is could change things up a bit.
    Still numbers look pretty good.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Ive read anywhere from 220-335 RWHP stock. There was a post about the 220 rwhp one a while ago.

  7. #7
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    220rwhp?

  8. #8
    Member Ls1_385hp_T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nor-Cal
    Posts
    543

    Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

    290rwhp-305rwhp is good for stock..


    220 is like a modified mustang lmfao not ls1

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    ill search for the link! he dynoed 220!

  10. #10
    Junior Member vonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

    Thanks Guys

    This is a great site! Nice Responses. The Cam is duration @.050 is 224, Lift is 581, and sep. is 112. Heads were CNC machined, and its a 6 speed car with 3:73 gears installed. I was hoping it would run an 11.9, but dont look like it. Looks more like a low 12 car. I messed with a stock 07 vette last weekend during a cruise, and didnt even have to downshift to keep up. Felt good. Third gear seems like the get going gear. 1st and second come and go pretty fast. Is there any way to have the asr (anti slip regulation) turn off every time the car is started instead of automatically turning on? Oh ya, the car was tuned on a dyno when the parts were put on. It sounds bad a..! Headers, high flow cats, and borla all the way back. How much boost can I get by with if I supercharge it? Thanks in advance for the answers. F body cars have got to be the best bang for the buck! This much fun should be Illegal! (oh ya, it is...check out my display of power ticket I got on the hot rod power tour..go to hotrod.com, videos, and best memories..Thats me next to the camaro showing off my ticket...It makes me look like a dork, but all in the name of fun!! Good day all..
    Last edited by vonny; 08-08-2008 at 06:18 AM.

  11. #11
    Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    184

    Maroon
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by vonny View Post
    This is a great site! Nice Responses. The Cam is duration @.050 is 224, Lift is 581, and sep. is 112. Heads were CNC machined, and its a 6 speed car with 3:73 gears installed. I was hoping it would run an 11.9, but dont look like it. Looks more like a low 12 car. I messed with a stock 07 vette last weekend during a cruise, and didnt even have to downshift to keep up. Felt good. Third gear seems like the get going gear. 1st and second come and go pretty fast. Is there any way to have the asr (anti slip regulation) turn off every time the car is started instead of automatically turning on? Oh ya, the car was tuned on a dyno when the parts were put on. It sounds bad a..! Headers, high flow cats, and borla all the way back. How much boost can I get by with if I supercharge it? Thanks in advance for the answers. F body cars have got to be the best bang for the buck! This much fun should be Illegal! (oh ya, it is...check out my display of power ticket I got on the hot rod power tour..go to hotrod.com, videos, and best memories..Thats me next to the camaro showing off my ticket...It makes me look like a dork, but all in the name of fun!! Good day all..
    In reference to the ASR problem, SLP part # 63015 will reverse the normal position of the switch.

    As far as a safe boost level, was the static compression ratio changed with the work on the heads? Most agree that a stock lower end will hold 8-9 psi.

    Sounds like a bad a$$ car. Have fun with it!
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

    Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

  12. #12
    Junior Member vonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

    ASR sucks!

    Great, Im gonna order that part now! I have embarrassed myself enough trying to get on it only to get slapped in the foot by the gas pedal !
    The heads were not milled, so the compression should be ok. It runs fine on pump gas. Would the motor have made more power with octane boost? When I had it on the dyno it had 93 octane in it. I see Vortech is a advertiser here. Would that be the recommended charger for this car..I would like some feedback on what works the best in these cars, thanks.

  13. #13
    Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    184

    Maroon
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by vonny View Post
    Great, Im gonna order that part now! I have embarrassed myself enough trying to get on it only to get slapped in the foot by the gas pedal !
    The heads were not milled, so the compression should be ok. It runs fine on pump gas. Would the motor have made more power with octane boost? When I had it on the dyno it had 93 octane in it. I see Vortech is a advertiser here. Would that be the recommended charger for this car..I would like some feedback on what works the best in these cars, thanks.
    If you had a stock car, I would suggest getting the 4GK218-088SQ; however, since your car is already modified I would push you to the Procharger systems. Vortech is nice for stocker since it comes with everything including a "tune in a box." Procharger seems have a larger following among those who are in the know. I have not had any problems with my system, but I am disappointed in the performance. Bob at Exotic Performance Plus is a Procharger dealer. He knows what he is talking about and he has great prices. I'm sure he can give a recommendation based on your needs and future plans.

    Good luck.

  14. #14
    Junior Member vonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

    Thanks RacerBob, I probably wont do it anymore this year, but would be a fun winter project here in Wisconsin! When the time comes, I'll call Exotic Performance.

  15. #15
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    I would also lean towards the procharger, instailed two of them and have been amazed by the numbers they put down...
    Either way happy motoring
    J

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: 500 rwhp
    By 383ls6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
  2. I need to get 500 rwhp
    By silver35thss in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
  3. 2 parts purchased, good deal? Estimated rwhp?
    By Aetos in forum External Engine
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
  4. 550 RWHP 383 Z06 VS 770 RWHP Supra MKIV
    By LS1 RX7 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
  5. Rwhp
    By charlesss in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 08:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •