silver
    2001 camaro SS

what is going on with my car?

ok so this morning i got in my 2001 ss and started it up and started to drive off. well it started to sputter and bog down so i put it in N and gave it some gas and it went away. but now i just got in it and drove off. well as i was driving it started again but this time it wont go away. now it will start and take off but after about a minute or so it just starts again and shuts off. its like every time i put it in drive it just does not want to go.

some history of my car- i just put long tubes and a Y on it. i ran around for about a week without O2 sensors because i did not have the extention for it. now i put them on yesterday and shit shit starts. please help

i am thinking i need to take the extenders off and see what will happen or maybe it could be a fuel pump hell i dont know. any help will do i just want my baby back. thanks guys

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Are the extensions secured out of the way? They didnt fall on the exhaust and melt have they? Check to make sure the connections are good and tight and nothing has melted.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

silver
    2001 camaro SS

yeah man i did check them. they are out of the way and did not melt but what i did find is a lot of water in there. i do live in the great state of washington and it likes to piss rain all day so i might just have to cover them so they stay dry. what do you guys have in mind for keeping them dry?

yellow
    2004 gto

Quote Originally Posted by lsxrebel View Post
    yeah man i did check them. they are out of the way and did not melt but what i did find is a lot of water in there. i do live in the great state of washington and it likes to piss rain all day so i might just have to cover them so they stay dry. what do you guys have in mind for keeping them dry?
    when we bond positive wires under ground we use electrical coating, rubber tape, and vinyl tape.

heat shrink would also work.

anything that will keep water out of the plug.

silver
    2001 camaro SS

yeah i got my hands on some heat shrink layin around the house and used that. looks like it will work but have to wait till rain tomorrow to test it out.

Thread Information