Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What the F*** did I do???

This is a discussion on What the F*** did I do??? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Reseat it by unbolting it, bend the tube a little, reinstall. Friend of mine had the sealing issue after doing ...

Reseat it by unbolting it, bend the tube a little, reinstall. Friend of mine had the sealing issue after doing that free mod - his threw a code though???

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

Its a pretty large gap... maybe 1/2 inch long, 1/8 wide... I think it may need some sort of sealant... Is there any high heat sealant that could handle it?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

See if you can band aid it until the weekend and I'll hunt around and dig up my old one and mail to you. I'll have to dig it up outta the shed but it's yours if you can make it until next weekend.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by cww17 View Post
    Its a pretty large gap... maybe 1/2 inch long, 1/8 wide... I think it may need some sort of sealant... Is there any high heat sealant that could handle it?
    There are MANY 2 part epoxys we use on cyl. heads and intakes when we make the runners soo large you run out of material.I've used Ultra Grey Permatex before for your same issue. It sets up a little firmer than the Ultra Black.
    To get the whole benefit of your port you need to also get an experianced tuner to retune the MAf also.

Good Luck.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

Well, I used some 2 part epoxy to seal it back up... I'm pretty sure its sealed... Its running better, but still very rough, and will eventually die...? Did I seriously screw something up or what?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Did you pull the egr tube back out? Make sure the little o-ring gasket on the bottom hasn't came off.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Check the MAF filaments like someone else said..spray some carb cleaner around the area that you took off(bellow, TB) and see if the idle changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information