Thread: What else...

Black
    1999 Z28

Cool What else...

I am planning on pulling tranny out this weekend so it can be rebuilt. I'm planning to get the rebuild kit and a few other parts from PATC, along w/ their 5x Power Raptor @ 3500 stall. Any comments on the company or the TC?

Also, while tore down, I've had a bad oil leak which I believe is the pan gasket, so I plan to lift the engine and replace that as well.

I've thought about doing the cruise and wire hide mods as well --- any other thoughts on cheap projects to do while I'm tore down for a few days. The Mrs. is alread freaking out on $, so nothing too extravagant, but I'm open to all suggestions

Thanks,
    J

Black
    1999 Z28

I guess I want to remove the AIR and EGR systems too --- any pointers along those lines? I have headers, but everything is still connected.

I also recall something about changing O2 sensors or the wires to some vette model?? Can anyone point me in the right direction there? I do get O2 sensor codes and the rears have been removed by Frost, so I may as well change those while I'm there and the wiring if need be.

Thanks,
    j

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 97txaggie View Post
    I guess I want to remove the AIR and EGR systems too --- any pointers along those lines? I have headers, but everything is still connected.

I also recall something about changing O2 sensors or the wires to some vette model?? Can anyone point me in the right direction there? I do get O2 sensor codes and the rears have been removed by Frost, so I may as well change those while I'm there and the wiring if need be.

Thanks,
    j
    With air and egr you just wanna make sure you have some sort of block off plates but its pretty simple, just unbolting and pulling everything apart really. This will throw codes too.

The corvette 02's are plug and play without any wiring needed. The part number for them from bosch is 13111.
    Last edited by 2000; 10-23-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Fixing mistake

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thread Information