Black
    02 SS #8719

What to do with my 408?

So I have a 408 in my 2002 SS convertible and the car was rear ended a few months ago. It has frame damage and I'm not going to even try and repair it.
    It's been sitting in my garage for a while because I haven't even wanted to look at the damn thing.
    So now what do I do with my engine? It's only got 12,000 miles on it and it made 525 hp and 510 lb ft of torque to the wheels + I had a 200 shot of N20 so it was fairly stout.
    I don't want another convertible. Should I look for a V-6 hard top to drop it in or would getting a Z-28 and selling the stock LS-1 and putting it in that be easier? The reason I was thinking of getting the V-6 is the cheaper insurance, and I want a hard top roll up window light as possible car. I MUST keep the AC though. I also need to this on a budget as I am also looking to buy a C-6 Z06 and this project has to be done as cheaply as I can.
    Thanks.

IMHO i would buy a Z-28 and swap all your parts over......and then part out your old car for whatever you can get

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Yep a base z-28, that way someone will actually want to buy the motor you'll be taking out of it. Have you considered Jeffro's roller or is that to much of a project for you?

if you can get a Z very cheap, maybe you can offset the money you spend to buy the Z buy parting out your old car PLUS the driveline in the new Z

Black
    02 SS #8719

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Yep a base z-28, that way someone will actually want to buy the motor you'll be taking out of it. Have you considered Jeffro's roller or is that to much of a project for you?
    Too much of a project and I forgot to mention the car MUST pass smog before I do the motor swap.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I modded my car less than a month before my smog notice was mailed to me. I felt like such an idiot

Black
    02 SS #8719

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I modded my car less than a month before my smog notice was mailed to me. I felt like such an idiot
    You going on the Napa cruise on the 29th?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by SScott View Post
    You going on the Napa cruise on the 29th?
    If I don't have a lab that day I will be there. Really wish Jeffro didn't publicly post the route, last years was a blast.
    This year the camera stays inside the car

Black
    02 SS #8719

LOL nice. I might bring the Evo out.

Thread Information