Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What is this crap?? Knock Sensor and wrong Mileage??

This is a discussion on What is this crap?? Knock Sensor and wrong Mileage?? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by lawdog another thing you can do to kill codes is turn the ignition to the on position ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    another thing you can do to kill codes is turn the ignition to the on position but don't start and pull the PCMIGN fuse and the PCMBATT fuse, wait a few minutes then turn off ignition and reinstall fuses.Start car it will take a minute to run normal again but it will go normal..Sarge I hate OU i like OSU and i'd like to kill some of my relatives....
    Yeah me too....I pull for OSU cept against my Longhorns....I bet OSU whups shit out of OU this year....good advise on clearing the codes there man.....

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

you the man sarge

The Rookie
    Just wanted to let everyone know. Cleaned the MAF like you said Sarge and Lawdog used your "Kill Codes" trick and It worked. Engine light went off and still has not come back on. Guess that was the problem. When cleaning my K&N how can I keep that from happening next time Sarge?

The Rookie
    Well DAMN!! I spoke to soon. It came back on today! Is it possible that it is still the filter Sarge? Or is it the knock sensor? Will driving it this way cause any problems if it is the knock sensor and it needs to be replaced??

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

If the computer is giving that code I'd replace it.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

also here's one thing, some of the gauge clusters have gone bad and the dealer has had to replace them under warranty ...this could have happened....... so since when does the computer tell the mileage i thought it was kept track of by the odometer ...is it kept track of by both....becauce if you pull your accessory fuse the odometer will shut off and the car will still be driveable...when u put the fuse back in after driving it still shows the same mileage.... would the computer show more miles..Hmmmm?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information